PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the titles/post counts?

LOTRfan
2011-06-10, 02:41 PM
This isn't much of a big deal or anything, but it seems that the post counts/titles no longer seem to be working properly.

For example, a poster here participates in the free form roleplaying subforum every day. He's still listed as a Pixie in the Playground, despite the fact that I know he surpassed the number of posts necessary for the next rank. Looking at his account information, it says that he only posted 19 times since he has joined. That is impossible.

At the same time, a thread in the general discussion forum was posted by a Ghost in the Playground. Looking at his account information, he has posted 0 times. This cannot be, because I was just reading a thread started by him!

Its not important or anything, but whats up with that?

Zherog
2011-06-10, 02:51 PM
Posts made in some forums don't count towards your post count.

Ranger Mattos
2011-06-10, 02:59 PM
At the same time, a thread in the general discussion forum was posted by a Ghost in the Playground. Looking at his account information, he has posted 0 times. This cannot be, because I was just reading a thread started by him!

Its not important or anything, but whats up with that?

I believe that this part of his post is referring to this thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202637

Keld Denar
2011-06-10, 03:07 PM
Relevant sticky is relevant. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659) Its at the top of this forum, 6th guy down.

In particular:

The User Title that appears under your User Name changes over time in relation to your post count total. Posts in Silly Message Board Games and The Town do not count toward this total.

HalfDragonCube
2011-06-10, 03:11 PM
Hmmm... I wonder how much my title would go up if the SMBG and stuff did appear in the post count?

Roland St. Jude
2011-06-10, 05:24 PM
Sheriff: The sticky linked above explains. Beyond that the Forum Rules say not to discuss this.