PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder) Infernal Healing in a Wand

Golkiwu
2011-06-10, 04:37 PM
In the original printing of the spell Infernal Healing (Council of Thieves) It states that only worshipers of Asmodeus can cast/gain this spell. It is now reprinted in the Inner Sea World Guide, and it has no such restriction printed. It is a !st level Spell for Wiz/Sor. My primary question is can any old Wizard/Sorcerer utilize a Wand of Infernal Healing?

Luckmann
2011-06-10, 04:45 PM
Doesn't newer publications always take precedence over older publications? Unless or until there's an errata, I'd say yes.

subject42
2011-06-10, 07:00 PM
The material component listed for the spell is "One drop of Devil Blood or one dose of unholy water". Based on the fact that Devil Blood is not an item with a listed cost, can you assume that it's in your component pouch, or is that overridden by the Unholy Water bit?

In other words, can a Sorc/Wiz cast this for free?

PirateLizard
2011-06-10, 09:19 PM
As a DM, I'd say that they probably wouldn't have mentioned the unholy water if they figured you always have a gallon of devil's blood on hand. I'd say you need the Water, and if you ever get a Devil to bleed maybe you could try to collect that. Just seems too cheesy to me otherwise.