PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Magus Favored Class Alternatives

Luckmann
2011-06-10, 08:15 PM
I'm looking at the Magus at PFSRD and in the process of looking over appropriate races that feel right in my head, I started looking for Favored Class Alternatives - and it turns out that Magus doesn't seem to have any. Not for any race. Not even Human.

Is this an oversight in the PFSRD or doesn't a single race have alternate favored class bonus for the Magus? Seems odd, especially looking at human, where the only other base class "overlooked" seems to be the Antipaladin, which might as well be filed under 'Paladin' regardless.

CTrees
2011-06-10, 08:20 PM
Iirc, antipaladin is explicity a paladin acf list which alters EVERYTHING except BAB/saves, so they gave a full listing like a different class. Should hit the same alternate racials.

Magus? There aren't any, because they didn't include them in UM. I'm thinking it was just an oversight (and I'm hoping for some official ones to be added - probably just partial added points to the arcane pool)

Luckmann
2011-06-10, 08:23 PM
Ah, alright. I don't have UM, so I was just hoping that it was an oversight on part of the PFSRD. Ah well. :smallfrown:

NateClark
2011-08-03, 12:33 PM
Well, If I were to hazard a guess I'd assume they either..

a) Get to add 1 spell from their spell list of 1 level lower then the highest they could cast.

(Weak, but not absolutely terrible)

or

b) Gain 1/3 of a point of Arcane pool.

GoatBoy
2011-08-03, 03:57 PM
Another one might be 1/6th of a Magus Arcana, +1/2 bonus on specific combat maneuver checks, +1/4 on defensive casting checks...

Haven't played one yet, feel free to adjust these numbers as game balance suggests.

Andreaz
2011-08-03, 04:00 PM
If they're not in UM, they weren't made...

Look into bards and wizards for spellcasting options, fighter and monk for nonmagic and arcane pool options.

Larpus
2011-08-03, 07:42 PM
There are also the Magus's "cousins" for reference, I mean the Alchemist, Summoner and Inquisitor, who are also half caster 3/4 BAB classes brewed by Paizo, so anything that is balanced for them shouldn't be too crazy once converted to Magus's terms.