PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Burning Eye [IC]

druid91
2011-06-10, 08:19 PM
The kindling pile, something of a cross between a military mess hall and a giant roadside inn. The place where order members go to relax, have a drink and bet on who is going to win the latest duel in the claws.

Basically I'm giving you guys a chance to mix for a while. I need to try and account for two more than planned on your first mission. Though feel free to have some fun around the order HQ, it's effectively the center of a small city at this point. Just realize I'll be making it up as I go along.:smallsmile:

BluesEclipse
2011-06-10, 09:27 PM
Ibuki sits at a table, a glass of amber liquid with a fiery red tint in front of him, the near him empty. His gaze flickers around the room occasionally, but he remains silent.

userpay
2011-06-10, 09:48 PM
Tahldrim sits at the end of the bar, a glass of crimson wine before him. He's been here awhile, you've seen him take the occasional sip, yet its still his first glass of the evening.

zagan
2011-06-11, 06:35 AM
Pern sat in a corner seemingly holding a silent conversation with a crystal sculpture of a dragon. Occasionally he would laugh for no apparent reasons. People around look at him weirdly.

Obrysii
2011-06-11, 11:37 AM
Wearing heavy robes to conceal his identity, the Thri'kreen sat at the bar, sipping at some kind of high-energy drink; he seemed somewhat agitated, his multi-faceted eyes watching the room.

He stared at the crystaline dragon, and walked with a sort of grace and dexterity one would associate with a tight-rope walker. He spoke with a raspy, clicking sort of voice, "So tell me, whom do you talk to into that thing?"

zagan
2011-06-11, 11:52 AM
Pern was surprise that someone interupt his discussion. He turn toward the being that adress him. Choosing to be honest he respond. "That thing is called a psicrystal. It's a piece of crystal that i've scultep into the shape of our lord and imbued with sentience, a piece of my own mind. It can only communicate telepathically. At the begining it was mostly just talking with myself but it has developed considerably since then. Sorry i'm rambling and I forget to present myself I'm Pern from the Cleansing Flame division and my psicrytal is Gyx."
A voice resonated in the Thri'kreen mind, "Hello, nice to see you."

chrisrawr
2011-06-12, 06:52 PM
Forlin sits, rocking, at his bench. He's whittling an arrow, carving a notch in something else, and checking his bow for cracks. How he manages to do this while giving everyone in the room the stink-eye all at once, no one is quite sure.

Knight13
2011-06-13, 04:47 AM
Kaden sits at a table with a couple other members of the Claws of Fury, discussing combat techniques. An ale sits on the table in front of him and he fiddles with what looks like a bladeless sword hilt.

Knight13
2011-06-13, 04:00 PM
Kaden finishes his conversation, picks up his ale and wanders over to Ibuki's table.

"Hello there, dragon man. How are you this fine day? And how's that Thri'kreen boy you brought in coming along?"

[OOC: Ibuki's defection to the Order occurred a few years before Kaden joined, so he has no memory of Ibuki as an enemy, though he has heard the stories. While calling them friends might be going too far, they do know eachother as fellow members of the Claws of Fury, have sparred a few times (Ibuki won every time) and have been on one mission together.]

BluesEclipse
2011-06-13, 05:23 PM
Ibuki looks up, and nods. "Hello, Kaden..." he says, his voice an odd combination of a shadowy whisper and a deep growl. "I'm doing well... and Krik seems to be adjusting to the Order well enough himself." Taking a sip of his drink, he motions for Kaden to take a seat, and asks, "And what of yourself?"

Obrysii
2011-06-13, 06:40 PM
"A psicrystal? Some of my kin possessed such - though I know little of their secrets," he said cleanly, as if his words were chosen by a surprisingly intelligent mind. He looked towards the bar, seeing the group assembling. He did not know why - he sought only to survive, to propagate his kind.

Knight13
2011-06-13, 07:00 PM
Kaden sits down across the table from Ibuki.

"My swordsmanship is getting better, I think I might even stand a chance against you the next time we spar. You have to show me how to do that spinning high parry some time."

Kaden takes a sip of his ale.

"I hope the Heralds have another mission for us soon. I'm eager to test myself against the heretics again."

BluesEclipse
2011-06-13, 07:19 PM
Nodding, Ibuki says, "I agree with you, there... I know all too well what some of them are capable of. Let them burn, I say. As for that spar, perhaps sometime in the next few days. Assuming, of course, neither of us gets sent out on a mission."

Knight13
2011-06-13, 09:41 PM
An ant climbs over the lip of the table and begins to skitter across it. Kaden casually points a finger at it and a tiny ray flickers from it, striking the ant and consuming it in an instant, leaving a small scorch mark on the table. A tiny wisp of smoke rises from it.

"My other powers are increasing as well. I wonder if that's my own doing or if the Firelord is enhancing his blessing now that I have found this place and begun doing his work." says Kaden, contemplatively.

zagan
2011-06-14, 08:28 AM
Pern respond to the Thri-kreen, "Yes, I heard that your species is pretty adept at using psionic. Would you be willing to tell what you know about the psionic practice of your species ? I'm always curious to hear more about the subject."

chrisrawr
2011-06-14, 03:31 PM
Doge sneers at the camaraderie between man and beast. From his corner bench, he yells, "They'll only help you until the breeding urge takes over - then you're food and warmth for their eggs!"

druid91
2011-06-16, 06:01 PM
A tall elven man walks in, wearing the yellow cloak with a flame patterned edge that designates someone as a high ranking herald.

He holds up one hand, in which is a scroll before shouting.
"Ibuki, Tahldrim, Kaden, Pern, Forlin and Krik-Krak! You have been called!"

The whole thing is recited ceremonially, despite his use of nicknames.

chrisrawr
2011-06-16, 06:35 PM
Doge blinks. "Sir, with all due respect, Sir. Me? With them?"

userpay
2011-06-16, 06:40 PM
Tahldrim's head jerks up as the herald shouts his name. As the elf stands he pulls his hand out from under his cloak, which begs the question of when did it get there as his hands had been in plain view. Snatching up his hat from the counter and leaving the barely drunken wine behind Tahldrim walks towards the herald. "'Bout damn time..." He murmurs then glances at Doge. "Apparently. Saddle up and move it boy."

BluesEclipse
2011-06-16, 07:03 PM
"Perhaps we'll find time for that spar soon, after all." Ibuki says to Kaden before downing the rest of his drink. Standing, he walks towards the herald, standing at attention before the man, and says, "Hakainoibuki of the Claws of Fury, reporting for duty." He doesn't take his eyes off the man, even as the others approach him, waiting patiently for whatever orders are to be given to him.

Knight13
2011-06-16, 09:53 PM
"Indeed, it appears the Firelord has seen fit to grant my wish.", says Kaden as he follows Ibuki over to the Herald. "How may I serve the Holy Dragon?"

Obrysii
2011-06-17, 06:50 AM
"To survive I answer all calls of me," the Thri'kreen said in return to the man who called them to service - his own clicking voice formal and ritualistic; he paid no mind to the one who disliked his kind - that one would learn soon he was a worthy ally.

chrisrawr
2011-06-17, 07:40 AM
Doge oils his bow one last time, before quivering his arrows. Planting his foot in the middle of it, he hoists himself up by the vertical tip, and leans his weight slowly into the middle. Quickly looping bowstring through the humming dragon's-bone tips, he falls into line with the others. Well, into line, at least.

zagan
2011-06-17, 07:41 AM
Pern shot a dirty look at Doge for insulting his new friend and then ignore him. He get up to join the other. "Pern Kethend at your service."

druid91
2011-06-17, 11:19 AM
The man nods and looks to see that everyone he called has arrived and leads you all out of the building and to a smaller one nearby. He points out a row of chairs, "Sit if you wish."

Then he walks up to a large map of the surrounding area, and points to a section to the north of the orders headquarters, deep in the mountains.

"We have recieved reports of... constructs, making attacks on the villages that rely on us for protection. A situation that has precedence. He says with a short carefully blank look at Ibuki, "However there are many differences between the two incidents. For one the attacking force is entirely made of constructs. And according to the report of the surviving members of the claws scouting party they don't stay dead Given enough time, About a minute according to the report, enemies thought to be dead would be standing up and fighting again."

He breaks the seal on the scroll and rolls it out, reading it.

"And so, Fireeye Amos has requested that you be sent to investigate and deal with this threat. Do you accept this mission?"

BluesEclipse
2011-06-17, 11:35 AM
Bringing his closed fist over his heart in a salute, Ibiki replies, "I exist to serve the Firelord's will."

zagan
2011-06-17, 03:50 PM
"Construct that regenerate that's intriguing. I will go." Muttering to himself and to Gix "I wonder how our own construct will far against those thing ?"

chrisrawr
2011-06-17, 06:56 PM
"Constructs? They will burn. Steel or Stone or Wood, in fire the enemies of good shall perish!"

userpay
2011-06-17, 07:56 PM
Tahldrim tilts his head as he considers the information but nods. "Yes I'll accept. I imagine the things should have some weakness to them."

Obrysii
2011-06-17, 08:26 PM
"Constructs? I - I am not best with constructs. I shall do my best to honor my companions," the insectoid said, his antennae twitching irritatedly.

Knight13
2011-06-17, 09:38 PM
"Regenerating constructs? Perhaps the heretics have a new scheme? Of course, I will protect these villagers if it is the Firelord's will that I do so."

druid91
2011-06-18, 11:25 AM
He smiles, and laughs "Good, now that the formalities are aside, you should go see about getting yourselves some horses from the cleansing flame."

He turns and starts walking out, but stops just short of the door and turns back. "Oh, and one more thing. If you fail, Isaac has convinced Amos that the best solution would be to collapse the pass. Dozens of villages rely on that pass for trade. Don't fail." And then leaves.

Some background here, Amos is the head herald, Isaac is the head of the Cleansing flame. Isaac is known to be a bit trigger happy with his cannons...

chrisrawr
2011-06-19, 03:13 PM
My grandmother died this morning (Sunday, June 19, 2011). I'm going halfway across the country to her funeral, and will be largely unable to post for the next week. Sorry for the inconvenience. If the need arises, DMPC me as a Space Marine. FOR THE EMPEROR! FIRE LORD!

zagan
2011-06-20, 06:02 AM
Pern think carrefully about how to go about it before speaking up "Do any of you know the area ? If not I think finding a map should a priority before departing."

Knight13
2011-06-23, 06:18 PM
"I passed through there when I was traveling to the temple, but that was years ago."

chrisrawr
2011-06-23, 06:45 PM
Glowering at his companions for the next little while, he jogs over to the stables. The others could bicker and plan as they came, he would have horses waiting for them. Some of them, at least.

BluesEclipse
2011-06-23, 06:54 PM
"Having a map would be wise. If you wish to obtain one, or gather other supplies, I can grab my pack and join you at the stables." Ibuki says, quietly, before jogging off towards the barracks to grab the travelling pack he keeps ready. Modified constructs... is this your doing, Akarian? he thinks to himself as he runs, grabbing his equipment and heading towards the stables to meet the others and make certain they all are prepared.

userpay
2011-06-23, 07:02 PM
With a flick of his cloak Tahldrim follows Doge to the stables. "Find a map, we'll deal with the mounts." The elf says as he passes the others.

druid91
2011-06-23, 09:12 PM
The stables are near the Cleansing flame compound, where you can see several large cannons being cleaned and inspected, A male halfling seems to be overseeing the horses.

The halfling Is dressed in simple clothing, though he does have a hat with the cleansing flame badge.(Yes I am making up uniforms as I go. Cleansing flame members sport badges. Like policeman.)

"Ah, A mission? How many?"

chrisrawr
2011-06-24, 12:06 AM
"Just three this time. And one more for supplies." Doge gives his bow a couple tugs, and stares off disinterestedly as he talks.

zagan
2011-06-24, 05:55 AM
Pern nod and leave the room going in the direction of the library. There he adress the librarian. "Hello, coul you help me ? I need a map of the mountain in to the north, as detailled a possible. Where could I find that ?"

Obrysii
2011-06-24, 07:25 AM
The Thri'kreen, concealed heavily beneath a robe, said nothing - simply following along as if he was a voiceless guard; a role he did not mind doing, as his particular speech pattern gave away his insectile nature.

Knight13
2011-06-24, 08:49 PM
Kaden goes with Pern to the library.

druid91
2011-06-27, 01:40 PM
Pern nod and leave the room going in the direction of the library. There he adress the librarian. "Hello, coul you help me ? I need a map of the mountain in to the north, as detailled a possible. Where could I find that ?"

The Librarian is... odd to say the least. Theoretically he's human. That's what everyone else says. But his hood obscures his face... and, according to rumor, the same guy has been librarian for the past 90 years. With no sign of letting up.
Then there's the fact that he greets you by walking along the ceiling and across the wall to get to you before vigorously shaking your hand.

"Ah yes, the mountains... So you're the oness who are going to take care of the construct problem? I keep maps available over there." He points to a shelf, with three rolled up maps on it.

"You know, if you could bring me back one for study I could make it worth your while."

zagan
2011-06-27, 02:36 PM
Pern look at the map and choose the most detailled one. "Thank you very much that will be very useful. As for bringing back a golem, well I'll keep it in mind. Not sure if It will be possible but we'll see. Good day to you."
He nod to Kaden and take the direction of the stables.

Knight13
2011-06-27, 06:53 PM
"Librarian, do you think this might be some new scheme of the heretics? It seems unlikely that something as unusual as regenerating constructs would appear this close to the temple by chance."

druid91
2011-06-29, 07:00 PM
"Just three this time. And one more for supplies." Doge gives his bow a couple tugs, and stares off disinterestedly as he talks.

The halfling nods and whistles before shouting into the back "Three with gear! One pack!"

"Librarian, do you think this might be some new scheme of the heretics? It seems unlikely that something as unusual as regenerating constructs would appear this close to the temple by chance."

The librarian reaches out to pull a book from a nearby shelf. Flipping to the middle he presumably begins reading.

"Yes, barring an escaped experiment, that is the most likely scenario in which hostile constructs of such... perfection would be encountered so deep in order territory. And there are cases of enhanced constructs being used against us in the past. It's actually quite common for those with magical aptitude to send constructs in their place. The heretics are no different. Though I doubt many have failed so spectacularly in their attempts to wound us as Ibuki's creators. Well, you have a mission and I must tend to my books." He chuckles and turns to walk up the side of a bookcase and out of sight.

BluesEclipse
2011-06-29, 07:43 PM
Ibuki arrives at the stables, and nods to himself as he sees the others having already arrived. Mounts will already be taken care of, then. he thinks to himself as he stops near them, calmly waiting for the others.

Knight13
2011-06-30, 12:09 AM
After making a brief sidetrip to the barracks to retrieve his gear and travelling pack, Kaden arrives at the stables wearing his chain shirt of shining mithral and a scarlet scarf wound around his neck, with one end hanging down his back, and his pack slung over his shoulder.

[OOC: I added Kaden's pack and supplies to my sheet.]

Obrysii
2011-06-30, 09:00 AM
"Some time since I've ridden a horse - I hope it will not, er, 'freak' when I attempt it," the Thri'kreen noted.

zagan
2011-06-30, 09:12 AM
Pern nod to the other when he rejoin them. "I have the map I'll keep for the moment but someone with knowledge of the region would probably use them better than me once we're on site"

On his horse arrive he get on it and wait for the other.

druid91
2011-06-30, 10:08 AM
While you are all assembled. You notice something. There are three riding horses. And one with a pack.

There are six of you.:smallamused:

OOC: Did none of you catch that? Wonderful joke, annoying but not really messing anything up.

Knight13
2011-06-30, 12:47 PM
Seeing only three horses with saddles, Kaden blinks and looks around, looking for the rest, then addresses the stablehand.

"Where are the rest of the horses? There are six of us."

[OOC: I did notice, but Kaden wasn't there when Doge asked for the horses, so he didn't. :smalltongue:]

userpay
2011-06-30, 01:23 PM
Tahldrim raises an eyebrow. "I assumed that some of you had alternate means of transportation when Doge made the order." He turns back to the stableperson. "It appears we will need three more steeds."

chrisrawr
2011-06-30, 01:25 PM
Doge comes up riding a horse, bow strung across his back. "I tried to get more, but the beasts shied off at the stench," he taunts, "And we have little time to wait for more, the way the keeper doddles. Hoist me the map that we might depart, to end these abominations against the light. We'll perhaps share the glory when you catch up."

zagan
2011-07-01, 08:00 AM
Pern shot a venomous look at Doge, "No. If you cannot be professional and put your feeling aside you are welcome to stay here we do not need you."
He turn around and procced to ignore him, speaking to the halfling "We'll need three more horse please, our comrade is a little slow and doesn't really know how to count."

Obrysii
2011-07-01, 12:28 PM
"It is reasonable to assume that I shall not need a horse: I can run as swift as they can," he said, glancing towards the biased member of the party, "I am not so limited in speed that I need a crutch."

chrisrawr
2011-07-01, 01:50 PM
"Hoh hoh ho, a bit of back bone in you, I see? It's not my fault you don't prioritize the mission high enough to ensure your own ride. But if you're going to jeopardize the mission further by not handing me the map, well, it won't be my fault if someone doesn't get there in time to do anything."

userpay
2011-07-01, 02:03 PM
Tahldrim rubs a hand along the side of his face. "And what if whoever does get there on time fails because they didn't have sufficient backup? The blame would be on you." He turns to the stable hands. "I'd recommend getting those extra horses ready quick like." He almost says more but doesn't, his expression is clear enough though. That is before these idiots degenerate into a pointless brawl.

zagan
2011-07-01, 02:09 PM
Pern debate for an instant just ignoring Doge but decid to respond. "I never neglect a mission. I was tasked with retrieving a map, task that I accomplish with no trouble. While you role was to aquire mount for the group to use and you failled."

chrisrawr
2011-07-01, 06:04 PM
"My only task is getting there, and neutralizing the constructs. If I have failed, it will be because I am dead - not because of any backup that was too clumsy to rejoinder. Now I suggest you either hand me the directions, or grab some transportation while I prepare my formal complaint."

Knight13
2011-07-01, 06:56 PM
"Enough bickering, we have a mission to undertake. We should be off."

Kaden climbs on his horse when it comes.

Obrysii
2011-07-02, 07:34 AM
"Heh, heh. I do not have a backbone," the Insectile being said. "Nor do I require a mount if none are provided. Let us go - no more wasted time."

He shifted, his multiple arms seemingly flowing out of his robe as he prepared for a long run - assuming they would be running, at least.

zagan
2011-07-02, 08:54 AM
Seeing the new horse arrive, Pern dismiss Doge complaint "Forget about it, we have better thing to do and we don't need the map yet, we'll use it when we'll be in the area."

OOC: Well that was nice but I'm ready for some action now, so let's get moving.

druid91
2011-07-02, 10:14 AM
The horses arrive, including one for Krik-krak.

And soon you are off.

As you ride you occasionally get waves from the various people you pass on your way to the mountains.

However soon you pass out of the safe civil land surrounding your home and into the hills.

[roll0]
[roll1]

And three rough looking young men stand in your path.

The one in the lead says
"Oy, youse betta give us ya horses afore we get rough."

Obrysii
2011-07-02, 10:37 AM
"I do not think so," Krik Krat said growling. He had no time for such idiocy - he had enough of that in the party - and so, when possible, would bound forward, so that he stood behind them.

Initiative: [roll0]
Jump check to jump from the horse to behind them: [roll1]. The DC would be a minimum of 50 total to high jump and long jump combined to reach them.

If possible, I would like to draw daggers mid-jump so I can land with them prepared.

userpay
2011-07-02, 10:42 AM
Suddenly a small pillar of dirt spouts in front of the men in front of the group accompanied by a sharp crack. "I do think you've got the whose who wrong." Looking at Tahldrim onlookers realize he now holds a pistol in each hand, one single barrel with smoke rising from it's tip and the other with an odd cylinder in place. Noone saw him draw the weapons. "I suggest you surrender before we get rough."
Free actions to draw my pistols, fire a bullet at the ground, and intimidate.
[roll0]

druid91
2011-07-02, 12:38 PM
The two at the side look intimidated and start to back off,Considering they look like farm boys who fell in with the wrong sort not surprising, but the leader just grins.

"So we have us some cleverfolk here do we. No worries, tommy can take care of it."

He holds up a mirror, and uses it to catch the light twice.

Enemy Initiative
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

userpay
2011-07-02, 12:54 PM
"But will he care to when you're gone?" The elf's guns bark out four more retorts in total. A hail of lead aimed at the leader.
Going ahead and posting my round now to keep things moving as it sounds like I'm going to be gone during the day. I'm assuming I'm within Point Blank range.
attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

damage
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

chrisrawr
2011-07-02, 02:19 PM
Forlin Doge was much too busy glaring to notice the men, until everyone had starting fluttering about. He nocks his bow, and waits for an opportunity to present itself.

druid91
2011-07-02, 03:13 PM
"But will he care to when you're gone?" The elf's guns bark out four more retorts in total. A hail of lead aimed at the leader.
Going ahead and posting my round now to keep things moving as it sounds like I'm going to be gone during the day. I'm assuming I'm within Point Blank range.
attack.

The man dodges the first two shots as though it were the simplest thing in the world, taking no more then one step for each.

The third bullet is headed for his face when he reaches up and plucks it out of the air, allowing the last to graze him with presumably no ill affect.

He idly inspects the bullet as he states

"Ya see, Tommy and me was paid up-front to slow you boys down. And I ain't aimin' to irritate our employas by dyin on the job. So, kindly hand over the horses to these fine young men we hired to take care of 'em."

BluesEclipse
2011-07-02, 05:30 PM
"If you intend to try and prevent us from carrying out the Firelord's will..." Ibuki's eyes narrow as he hops down from his horse, drawing his sword. "Then so be it."

Knight13
2011-07-02, 06:08 PM
Initiative: 1d20+4

Kaden hops down off his horse and pulls out his bladeless sword hilt.

"We do not have time for this. If you will not stand aside then you will burn."

A dull red ball of energy, the color of smoldering flames, grows in his hand and he fires a crackling ray of red energy at the leader.

Move Action: Dismount horse
Standard Action: Eldritch Blast

Ranged Touch Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

[Edit: Forgot that I didn't roll for initiative. Also, could we get some information on the battlefield? I don't need a full fledged battlegrid, but some distances would be nice.]

zagan
2011-07-03, 05:23 AM
With just a though Pern create a dragon shaped construct behind the two mens and have it attack them.

OOC: Swift action expend psionic focus to create my personal construct. (Craft check to have it look like a red dragon: [roll0])
It immediatly attack

Slam:
Att: [roll1] // Dmg: [roll2]
If that hit free trip attempt: [roll3]

After that he tries to regain his focus (move action to regain focus [roll4]

He then draw his crossbow waiting for an opportunity.

OOC: I second the need for at least basic positioning.

Pern basic stat:

LN Medium Humanoid (Human, Psionic)
Condition:
HP: 48/48 AC: 22 Touch: 13 Flat: 20 (+2 dex, +7 inertial armor, +2 shield, +1 def)
Fort: +9 Ref: +5 Will: +8
Init: +3
Melee: Dagger +4 (1d4+1/19-20)
Ranged: Light Crossbow +5 (1d8/19-20)
Ability Score:
Str 12(+1), Dex 14(+2), Con 16(+3), Int 21(+5), Wis 14(+2), Cha 10(+0)
Skill: Craft (Sculpting) +17, Psicraft +16, K(psionic) +14, Concentration +13, Disguise +11, Bluff +9, UPD +9, Appraise (sculpure) +7, Search +6, Listen and Spot +5, Autohypnosis +4, Diplomacy and Intimidate +2
Special ability: Overchannel (+1), Talented, Manifesting: 6th, 38/50 pp

Personal Construct (Wingless dragon)

Medium Construct
Hit Dice: 3d10+20 (36/36hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft (8 squares)
Armor Class: 20 (+2 Dex, +8 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7
Attack: Slam +7 melee (1d6+7)
Full Attack: Slam +7 melee (1d6+7)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: --
Special Qualities: Construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Menu A ability (Power attack), Menu A ability (Trip)
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +1
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 15, Con 0, Int 0, Wis 11, Cha 10
Skills: --
Feats: Power Attack
Challenge Rating: 2

Construct Traits: An astral construct has immunity to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects), and any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless it also works on objects or is harmless. It is not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigued, exhausted, or energy drain. It cannot heal damage, but it can be repaired.

Trip (Ex): If the astral construct hits with a slam attack, it can attempt to trip the opponent as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking attacks of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the astral construct.

druid91
2011-07-05, 02:05 PM

Kaden hops down off his horse and pulls out his bladeless sword hilt.

"We do not have time for this. If you will not stand aside then you will burn."

A dull red ball of energy, the color of smoldering flames, grows in his hand and he fires a crackling ray of red energy at the leader.

Move Action: Dismount horse
Standard Action: Eldritch Blast

Ranged Touch Attack Roll: [roll0]

[Edit: Forgot that I didn't roll for initiative. Also, could we get some information on the battlefield? I don't need a full fledged battlegrid, but some distances would be nice.]

The man tries to dodge, but fails... and your blast scorches a sizable chunk of his shoulder. A string of obscenities in a dizzzying number of languages pours from his mouth. Of which the politest would only be heard in very seedy dockside taverns, and even then would elicit a howl of "Guttermouth" And likely start a brawl.
Shortly after that the construct barrels in, and though wounded the man manages to dodge.

Seeing the man injured the two give each other a look and start running in opposite directions to get as far away as possible.

chrisrawr
2011-07-05, 08:37 PM
As they turn to run, Doge lets a flurry of arrows fly.

Attacking the one on the right, two arrows from Manyshot, [roll0], [roll1], Damage [roll2] [roll3], +2 fire damage if they're subject to it, +1 to Attack and Damage if theyre within 30 feet, if an arrow hits them they ignite, dc 15 reflex save and a move action to put the fire out - fire burns for 1d6 fire damage per round starting on their turn.

druid91
2011-07-05, 09:41 PM
As they turn to run, Doge lets a flurry of arrows fly.

Attacking the one on the right, two arrows from Manyshot, [roll0], [roll1], Damage [roll2] [roll3], +2 fire damage if they're subject to it, +1 to Attack and Damage if theyre within 30 feet, if an arrow hits them they ignite, dc 15 reflex save and a move action to put the fire out - fire burns for 1d6 fire damage per round starting on their turn.

He burns. Dead before he hits the ground.

BluesEclipse
2011-07-06, 05:58 PM
Growling lowly at the man, Ibuki raises his sword above his head, shifting his position as if to charge. He then opens his mouth, and releases a powerful blast of sound at the man barring his path.

Move Action: Dismount(from previous post)
Swift Action: Initiate Punishing Stance
Standard Action: Breath Weapon(30' Line) - [roll0] Sonic damage, Reflex DC 21 half. Recharge: [roll1] Rounds.

Knight13
2011-07-08, 07:11 PM
Kaden runs at the man, a blade composed of the same crackling red energy as his ray extending from his sword hilt as he does. Just before he reaches the man, he leaps into the air, bringing the eldritch sword down on him with a yell.

Move Action: Move to Jack, Activate Eldritch Sword
Standard Action: Initiate Claw at the Moon maneuver

Jump Check:

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll]3d6+2d6

Knight13
2011-07-08, 07:15 PM
[OOC: Sigh, trying my damage roll again since it didn't work the first time for some reason. Probably didn't hit anyway....]

Damage: [roll0]

Obrysii
2011-07-10, 09:36 AM
The insectile being simply stood, seeing as the combat was resolved by his powerful companions.

chrisrawr
2011-07-10, 12:39 PM
-reserved for when I can put some effort into this-

zagan
2011-07-11, 08:23 AM
OOC: I don't think it's my turn yet but seeing that nobody seem to act, I'll post my action just in case.

Pern mentally order it's construct to attack the man again.

att: [roll0] (add a +2 for flanking if need)
Dmg: [roll1]
If that hit free trip attempt: [roll2]

If that doesn't kill him Pern will fire it's crossbow:
att: [roll3] // Dmg: [roll4]
(I didn't include any penalty for firing into melee add it if need)

He then try to concentrate.
Move action trying to regain psionic focus: [roll5]

Pern basic stat:

Condition:
HP: 48/48 AC: 22 Touch: 13 Flat: 20 (+2 dex, +7 inertial armor, +2 shield, +1 def)
Ability Score:
Skill: Craft (Sculpting) +17, Psicraft +16, K(psionic) +14, Concentration +13, Disguise +11, Bluff +9, UPD +9, Appraise (sculpure) +7, Search +6, Listen and Spot +5, Autohypnosis +4, Diplomacy and Intimidate +2

Medium Construct
Special Qualities: Construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Menu A ability (Power attack), Menu A ability (Trip)

Construct Traits: An astral construct has immunity to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects), and any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless it also works on objects or is harmless. It is not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigued, exhausted, or energy drain. It cannot heal damage, but it can be repaired.

Trip (Ex): If the astral construct hits with a slam attack, it can attempt to trip the opponent as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking attacks of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the astral construct.

druid91
2011-07-11, 01:07 PM
(OOC: Ok I've been thinking about how to handle initiative. And have decided
to go with The plan outlined by Zagan from now on. This battle will be finished as is, but after that we'll go by group initiative.)

Growling lowly at the man, Ibuki raises his sword above his head, shifting his position as if to charge. He then opens his mouth, and releases a powerful blast of sound at the man barring his path.

Move Action: Dismount(from previous post)
Swift Action: Initiate Punishing Stance
Standard Action: Breath Weapon(30' Line) - [roll0] Sonic damage, Reflex DC 21 half. Recharge: [roll1] Rounds.

The man is struck dead on by the blast of sound, He staggers and clutches one side of his head.

Kaden runs at the man, a blade composed of the same crackling red energy as his ray extending from his sword hilt as he does. Just before he reaches the man, he leaps into the air, bringing the eldritch sword down on him with a yell.

Move Action: Move to Jack, Activate Eldritch Sword
Standard Action: Initiate Claw at the Moon maneuver

Jump Check: [roll0]

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll]3d6+2d6

The man desperately reaches to block your blade barehanded, you notice that his skin scorches but does not break. (OOC:Make a spot check please. DC 15, If succesful open the spoiler below.)

You notice the man has a dimly glowing amulet around his neck, that seems to have begun glowing when he blocked your blade.

OOC: I don't think it's my turn yet but seeing that nobody seem to act, I'll post my action just in case.

Pern mentally order it's construct to attack the man again.

att: [roll0] (add a +2 for flanking if need)
Dmg: [roll1]
If that hit free trip attempt: [roll2]

If that doesn't kill him Pern will fire it's crossbow:
att: [roll3] // Dmg: [roll4]
(I didn't include any penalty for firing into melee add it if need)

He then try to concentrate.
Move action trying to regain psionic focus: [roll5]

Pern basic stat:

Condition:
Ability Score:

Medium Construct

He ducks the construct, roaring out "Come on Tommy! this is a bit too much for just me!" Before swinging a kick at your construct. 1d20+91d8

The crossbow bolt misses.

zagan
2011-07-11, 01:45 PM
(speaking is a free action so I assume i can do it out of turn, I'll post my action in spoiler just in case)

Noticing an amulet, Pern speak up to the other. "Some sort of amulet seem to protect him, we should try to remove it !"

Pern basic stat:

Condition:
Ability Score:

Medium Construct

Knight13
2011-07-16, 11:20 AM
His first attack deflected by the man's hand, Kaden turns his momentum into a spin, slashing again as he comes back around.

Standard Attack

Attack Roll: [roll0]

[OOC: By the way, is Pern's construct flanking Jack? If so, I get another +2 on my attack roll.]

Obrysii
2011-07-17, 08:56 AM
Since I don't know what's going on, and there's no semblance to organization as far as the combat, I'm just waiting for it to be over. :smallmad:

userpay
2011-07-18, 12:15 AM
Tahldrim sneers at the man. "Not so confident now are you?" His pistols ring out once more, reaching for the offbalance man.
attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

damage
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

chrisrawr
2011-07-18, 02:15 AM
Doge looks around, wondering who in the blazes the man is talking about. He mentions absent-mindedly, "Don't break the amulet, it's evidence in this crime against the flame." [roll0]Spot, if I see anyone hostile approaching, [roll1], [roll2], Attack

[roll3],[roll4], damage. +1 fire, ignite.

druid91
2011-07-19, 09:43 AM
The man goes down under the hail of arrows and bullets.

He seems finished, though not quite dead.

Everyone make a spot check, except Chrisrawr who already made one.

Doge sees a figure on a distant hilltop, holding what appears to be a rifle, but they don't appear to be doing anything but watching for now.