PDA

View Full Version : Gaining natural attacks

astrerouge
2011-06-10, 10:54 PM
Hello dear playgrounders.
As the title say,I am in search of a way to get natural attacks without a race(template are acceptable if under 5 of LA).Also it must not be by class feature since my classes and race are already taken(hellbred of body and warlock)
Thank you for your future answers.

BillyBobJoe
2011-06-10, 10:56 PM
A 2-Feat chain could do it. Dragon Heritage + Shape Soulmeld: Dragon Claws gets you two claw attacks.

Greenish
2011-06-10, 11:04 PM
Person_Man has a guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7066595).

Hecuba
2011-06-11, 12:35 AM
Hello dear playgrounders.
As the title say,I am in search of a way to get natural attacks without a race(template are acceptable if under 5 of LA).Also it must not be by class feature since my classes and race are already taken(hellbred of body and warlock)
Thank you for your future answers.

There are gauntlets in Savage species that give you claw attacks (Beast Claws-- also improves existing claw attacks by 1d6 if you already have them). There are a few things in MIC that will get you some various Natural Attacks for a limited number of times a day (mostly masks if I recall).

kardar233
2011-06-11, 01:06 AM
Warlocks get Eldritch Claws, right? Those work pretty damn well, though I'm not sure if they count.

Otherwise, the Leopard Claws in Complete Adventurer? should give you claw attacks.

Under 5 LA is a pretty general category, as most templates that are that expensive aren't worth it. The Half-Minotaur gets a Gore attack and the Half-Fiend and Half-Dragon templates get both Claws and Bite.

Hecuba
2011-06-11, 01:54 AM
A tail attack would be a good thing to aim for if you are considering templates. You can get a feat to use it like an extra hand, and/or pick up Tailbands of Impact, which makes it get 1/2 again as much bonus from strength.

Hazzardevil
2011-06-11, 02:05 AM
A kobold gets 2 claw attacks, amy warforged has a slam and I'm probably missing another one.

Xyk
2011-06-11, 02:49 AM
The Feral template from Savage Species gives some pretty nasty claws but that's 3.0 and generally considered kinda cheesy.

Gardener
2011-06-11, 06:39 AM
Dragontouched (Races of the Dragon) and Shape Soulmeld (Magic of Incarnum) will let you shape Dragon Tail (Dragon Magic), which gives you a tail attack for the cost of two feats. Also, drawing on three separate splatbooks.

Darrin
2011-06-11, 06:56 AM
A 2-Feat chain could do it. Dragon Heritage + Shape Soulmeld: Dragon Claws gets you two claw attacks.

Dragontouched + Shape Soulmeld, actually. Draconic Heritage is only available to sorcerers. And you can skip Dragontouched entirely by becoming a Dragonborn of Bahumat.

Going Dragonborn on a Hellbred (body) costs 100 GP, and would mean:

You lose most of your existing racial abilities, including your racial bonus feats (i.e., Devil's Favor). You also lose Infernal Mien (Ex), Evil Exception (Ex), and Hellbound (Su). On the plus side, raise dead and revivify now works normally on you. You keep any attribute bonuses and any existing movement modes.

Your stats are adjusted by Con +2, Dex -2, and you gain the dragonblood subtype. You then pick one aspect: wings (limited flight at 6HD, full flight at 12HD), heart (breath weapon), or mind (vision buffs, and eventually blindsense 30'). You can also trade one of your existing feats for a 1st-level-only dragonblood feat: Dragon Wings, Dragon Tail, or Dragonwrought (kobold only). The Dragon Tail feat adds a tail attack as a natural weapon.

Since you now have the dragonblood subtype, you can shape draconic soulmelds (Dragon Magic p. 83). The Shape Soulmeld feat (Magic of Incarnum) allows you to shape Claws of the Wyrm, which gives you two claw attacks as natural weapons. This is one of the few soulmelds that gives you natural attacks without requiring a chakra bind. Most of the other soulmelds that grant natural attacks need to be bound to the Totem chakra, which is only available to Totemists.

Warlocks get Eldritch Claws, right? Those work pretty damn well, though I'm not sure if they count.

Dragon Magazine material... issue #358 I think? Most DM's don't allow stuff from Dragon Magazine.

Grafts can add natural attacks, but most of them are stupendously expensive. One of the cheapest is Mighty Arms (1000 GP, Faiths of Eberron p. 158), grants a slam attack (1d4 damage for medium size).

dextercorvia
2011-06-11, 08:21 AM
Person_Man has a guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7066595).

IIRC, it doesn't mention Planar Toucstone: Catalogs of Enlightenment for the domain power of the Hunger domain. That gets you a bite attack for 1 feat and 250gp.