PDA

View Full Version : New Warlock Invocations for E6

Anathemata
2011-06-10, 11:17 PM
Hello everyone,
long time reading, first time writing. I'll be running an E6 game (hopefully) pretty soon, and I've decided to allow the Warlock as a class. After sixth level, I'll permit Warlocks a new Invocation every five Epic Feats (as per the thread by NeverSleep). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for interesting and flavorful low-level Invocations? I don't want anybody playing a Warlock to feel they had to become a one-trick pony to get some mileage out of their character. Conversely, do you think the Warlock is (or can be) plenty diverse as is? I welcome opinions one way or the other.

Glad to be here!

Shpadoinkle
2011-06-11, 12:29 AM
In E6 you periodically gain a new feat (I believe every 5,000 XP.) Warlocks can take Extra invocation to get another Least invocation, but with a level cap of 6 they'll never be able to have more than one Lesser invocation.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a magic item somewhere that essentially grants extra invocations known. In E6 those that grant extra Lesser invocations would be pretty powerful (maybe the equivalent of a +2 sword.)

Or maybe they'd be like minor artifacts, similar to how a +3 sword would- they exist and they're hardly unique, but they're still extraordinarily rare, and most of the known ones will probably already be in the hands of powerful people.

Anathemata
2011-07-01, 04:30 PM
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?

DracoDei
2011-07-01, 06:00 PM
Well, here are the Least's I have brewed in the past (I have no Lessers or I would give them since the OP seems to imply that they get a new one every 5 Epic Feats for free) :

Split Blast (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172121) Low level Multitargetting, mostly useful for stuff that allows a save, and, although I am not familiar with E6 nerfing the DC should be a reasonable cost to keep it to a Least. Makes up for lack of (easy?) access to Eldritch Chain and Eldritch Doom and such.

Enhance Familiar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202432) - Not as much use without the PrC it goes with. The PrC sadly has a Lesser Invocation as one of its pre-requisites, so it is a no-go in a E6 game. If you really want you could click through to the PrC and see if you want me to turn the basics of it into a feat chain.

I think there are probably many homebrew invocations on these boards... try googling as follows (last I knew the forum search has been nerfed to save server CPU cycles or something) :
site:www.giantitp.com Warlock Invocation

Cieyrin
2011-07-02, 10:51 AM
In E6 you periodically gain a new feat (I believe every 5,000 XP.) Warlocks can take Extra invocation to get another Least invocation, but with a level cap of 6 they'll never be able to have more than one Lesser invocation.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a magic item somewhere that essentially grants extra invocations known. In E6 those that grant extra Lesser invocations would be pretty powerful (maybe the equivalent of a +2 sword.)

Or maybe they'd be like minor artifacts, similar to how a +3 sword would- they exist and they're hardly unique, but they're still extraordinarily rare, and most of the known ones will probably already be in the hands of powerful people.

Or they could just take the E6 feat: Expanded Invocation Reservoir (http://www.myth-weavers.com/wiki/index.php/Homebrew:DnD3.5/Feats/Expanded_Invocation_Reservoir). They can pick up all the Lesser Invocations they care to throw feats at.