PDA

View Full Version : Adeptus Evangelion (Dark Heresy) Natural Attacks

Curious
2011-06-10, 11:30 PM
So I'm a bit of a newbie in matters of Dark Heresy. In fact, I'm only using the rule system because it's the base for AdEva. For those who don't know, AdEva is a rules expansion released for free for Dark Heresy to allow players to host games in the Neon Genesis Evangelion 'verse. Anyways, here's an actual question. If my Eva has a bite attack from the 'Predatory' distinguishing feature, how does that interact with a regular attack? Would it fall under two-weapon fighting, or is there some rule I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Ranos
2011-06-11, 03:36 AM
Pretty sure it counts as a normal weapon in every way, except you can't parry with it and it can't be disarmed. This is pretty important in adeva, since your eva can basically only bring in battle what it can carry - so a natural weapon would allow you to, for example, bring 2 pistols in a battle and still have a backup melee weapon. They're not too strong by default, but they can get better (much) if you go with the berserker career.

And no reason you couldn't use a natural weapon with two-weapon fighting, yeah.

Curious
2011-06-11, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the clarification! I guess I'm gonna be picking up ambidextrous then, or I'll be eating that -20 penalty.