PDA

View Full Version : Mindsight and Spellweavers

Alleran
2011-06-11, 10:19 AM
Mindsight, as I'm sure most people know, is a feat allows a character with telepathy to gain something a bit like blindsense, except better (Lords of Madness, p.126).

Spellweavers have telepathy with each other out to one thousand miles.

This brings up a question:

If you're using a Spellweaver that has the Mindsight feat, would it detect any creature within a thousand miles of it, or would it only detect other spellweavers out to a thousand miles, and nothing else?

I would initially presume that the Spellweaver telepathy means that Mindsight only applies to other Spellweavers owing to Spellweaver telepathy being limited to other Spellweavers. However, would the RAI assumptions of others be the same? Or would you go for detecting everything in a thousand miles?

As a follow-up, does anybody have a list of the largest telepathy ranges? The next-biggest (off the top of my head) is I think a Spirit of the Land (5-mile telepathy), and it can reach anybody and everybody with a language, but I'm not entirely sure.

Johnny H
2011-06-11, 10:47 AM
Divine beings have a huge telepathic range- 1 mile/divine rank (I think).
Plus they can also communicate telepathically with any creature within afore mentioned radius from a shrine/temple/alter/statue/painting/"pretty much any symbol" dedicated to that divine being.
If I remember correctly, they are also the only beings who can communicate telepathically with creatures in a different plane.

Urpriest
2011-06-11, 10:58 AM
Awhile ago Iron Chef featured something that used the Xorvintaal Exarch's telepathy with its dragon master to get miles of Mindsight.