PDA

View Full Version : Centaur ideas and questions

Isearchfortraps
2011-06-11, 03:49 PM
I Am looking at making a centaur fighter for a dnd campain and as i was looking over the info on them i realized that with the str bonus of the centaour i could use some rather interesting items if my dm will allow it, wich i think they will they tend to go for crazy ideas. I was jw if it would make sense in D&D logic if my centour simply crafted a shild desined to rest over both sides of his body abit like armer but elongated with his high streght i am rather sure he shodul be abel to carry it and it could provide the smaller memmebrs of my team ith cover till we get into melle but i wasent sure if this would be bit too game braking. (i was looking at makign the first out of wood to save on the gp cost early game. also in terms of protect i meant basacly give total cover to them as long as they ran along my centours fank kinda like soilders used tanks as cover in ww2 in close couters combat) i was jw on input on if and how to work this so it sent unbelivably 1sided. Also sorry for bad spelling

Isearchfortraps
2011-06-11, 05:52 PM
i was jw if a tower shild would give total cover to a centaur just like it would for a human with the apropriate shized shilds (large for centaurs) or if due there diffrent body structer it would need to be ultered? Sorry about bad spelling in advance and any input is greatly apreciated.

Otherworld Odd
2011-06-11, 06:15 PM
I don't think there's anything that says it wouldn't work as long as it's appropriately sized.

Isearchfortraps
2011-06-11, 06:24 PM
k thx i was just worried couse i know normaly a large shild would be tall but for a centour it would need to be extramly wide due to his long horse body (according to the game i think you need 10 feet to stand in a line so probly 10feet shild to give full cover 0.0

Greenish
2011-06-11, 06:49 PM
Tower shields make you invisible. Well known fact.

CTrees
2011-06-11, 09:19 PM
Tower shields make you invisible. Well known fact.

The really interesting twist is that invisible tower sheilds still make you invisible.