PDA

View Full Version : How to manage a crusader in PbP?

Kaeso
2011-06-11, 05:16 PM
Hey there playground,

A while ago I saw a post by a person with a creative manner to manage the weird recovery mechanic Crusaders have for their manouvers: he (or she?) would use cards for all of the crusaders manouvres, shuffle them and pull out each "recovered" manouvre.

While this is a very good solution for face-to-face games, I started to wonder if there's also a trick to manage this in PbP games.

Veyr
2011-06-11, 05:21 PM
I usually do something like this:
Crusader's Strike
Vanguard Strike
Charging Minotaur
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
1d5

Apparently [roll] doesn't work in this forum? Anyway, whatever it came up would be my Granted Maneuver.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-06-11, 05:27 PM
Apparently [roll] doesn't work in this forum? Anyway, whatever it came up would be my Granted Maneuver.

Nope, only in the PbP forums. But yes, that's what I always did. Additional rolls for starting granted maneuvers, obviously. Just remove the ones already granted until they refresh.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-11, 05:31 PM
I usually do something like this:
Crusader's Strike
Vanguard Strike
Charging Minotaur
Stone Bones
Douse the Flames
1d5

[roll] doesn't work in this section of the forums, though I don't think it would work anyway because of the [=Granted Maneuver] part.

Veyr
2011-06-11, 05:36 PM
[roll] doesn't work in this section of the forums, though I don't think it would work anyway because of the [=Granted Maneuver] part.
Nope, you can use that to give your roll a label.

PirateLizard
2011-06-11, 05:38 PM
Yeah even the book itself says to roll for maneuvers. Nothing about shuffling.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-06-11, 06:20 PM
Yeah even the book itself says to roll for maneuvers. Nothing about shuffling.

Shuffling labeled cards and rolling dice give the same result in the end, really: a randomized result.

Kaeso
2011-06-11, 08:31 PM
Oh okay, I should read the rulebook a bit better next time.
Thanks for all the helpful responses, guys :smallsmile: