PDA

View Full Version : Super Robot Wars Original Generation Sequel

tonberrian
2011-06-11, 09:20 PM
This is a thing. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Super_Robot_Wars_Original_Generation) Discuss.

Edit: Yes I realize this is in the wrong forum. Please move to Gaming (Other).

Comet
2011-06-12, 04:21 PM
Jinrai looks pretty "**** yeah!" Definitely going to import, I've been waiting for a PS3 SRW for ages.

Drascin
2011-06-12, 04:40 PM
Ohhhh, nice, let's see-

PS3. Dammit.

T.G. Oskar
2011-06-12, 10:46 PM
About time a thread was released regarding 2nd SRW OG!

Still, it's kinda...incomplete. Need much more info, and they're kinda straining it. It seems they're finally going for Alpha 2 and Alpha 3, but starting with SRW MX (finally, Garmraid and Cerberus against the Medius Locus! Plus the effects of the Halloween Plan gave Katina and Russel their own customized Gespensts), alongside Real Robot Regiment (Flickerei Geist, aka the Half-Teisen :P) and the Lost Children Manga.

Still; how far will the group reach in terms of the Alpha series, and what does this represent? For example:

Kyosuke, Excellen and Lamia are confirmed to return, but no mention of Axel or Alchemie, even though OG Gaiden suggests they returned from investigating Endless Frontier. Will they return, and most important, will they develop a Combination Attack that rivals Rampage Ghost?
Does this means Kusuha and Bullet will finally meet the other Choukijin (sp?) and unlock Shin RyuKoOh and Shin KoRyuOh?
Will Project Terrestrial Dream be completed at last? Ibis and Tsugumi already have the Astelion AX, and IIRC the Altairlion is confirmed...
Jinrai is there, so there's a big chance that RaiOh and DaiRaiOh finally makes its appearance. Does this imply we'll see Touma, and most importantly, the appearance of Baran Doban!?!?!
And leading to the above; will we finally see Cobray, the Werkbau, the reappearance of Ingram and thus the Dis Astranagant?

Far too many questions, and the info is still too strained. I'd wish they delivered a bit more (and also, that Bamco offered a truce and allowed OG3 to travel the Pacific towards these green pastures; an NA-exclusive Original Generations Complete Collection would be very, very nice as well). Bonus points if they also make an X-Box 360 port.

P.S.: How could I possibly forget about SRW D? Hopefully they'll also tackle SRW J so they can finally step forth into the DS games and speed up to SRW Z so we can finally see Masaki vs. Asakim.

Comet
2011-06-13, 04:35 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw the Ryujinki on the 2nd OG website, which would imply that we're still pretty firmly in the territory of Alpha 2, at least as far as Kusuha is concerned. Still, you never know.

Terrestrial Dream will, almost definitely, take some sort of centre stage. They're showcasing Ibis on the website and everything plus, of course, the fact that Kusuha seems to be already going through her Alpha 2 ropes.

I think it's a safe bet to say that RaiOh will be there. Touma already made an appearance earlier and his machine is present in the shiny picture so I don't see any reason for him to miss out on this. Fingers crossed on Baran Doban.

Cobray would be cool, but I don't think we'll be dealing much with the Balmarian stuff this time around. I could be wrong, but if memory serves the War of Seals was a pretty standalone business in Alpha 2, plus they are apparently throwing in some other games' worth of plot so I reckon they're not going to go much into Alpha 3 yet. Which is a shame. Banpreios would be ace to have.

Tengu_temp
2011-06-13, 08:47 AM
Old news are old! But still good.

All I have to say is, I'm happy that the D originals appear - it could only be better if they added W and/or Z as well. And if Joshua's theme in this game is going to be at least half as cool as this remix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8o9v0fH8o), then he'll probably be my favorite pilot.

Moonshadow
2011-06-13, 09:07 AM
I want this so bad. I'll have to replay Hakai-hen a few more times and then maybe finish J to get my SRW fix though.

Thank Godmars that the SRW series is so easy to play without knowing any Japanese though :smallbiggrin:

Prime32
2011-06-13, 10:01 AM
And if Joshua's theme in this game is going to be at least half as cool as this remix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8o9v0fH8o), then he'll probably be my favorite pilot.Did I hear some Revenger at 2:55?

T.G. Oskar
2011-06-13, 03:01 PM
Old news are old! But still good.

All I have to say is, I'm happy that the D originals appear - it could only be better if they added W and/or Z as well. And if Joshua's theme in this game is going to be at least half as cool as this remix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8o9v0fH8o), then he'll probably be my favorite pilot.

There are only 7 series that will appear this time, if what Siliconera says is true. Of those, already confirmed are SRW D, SRW MX, Real Robot Regiment and the Lost Children manga (though they are unsure whether they'll treat it as a new series). They're also going for Alpha 2's storyline (so probably War of Seals, as mentioned before) and they're also gonna port some of the units from the Inspectors (specifically the Exbein). Unless I'm missing one series OR they suddenly expand, there's only room for one or two more series.

Consider that there's a LOT of missing games there. SRW J is still missing (alongside Touya, Calvina, the three girls, Ventus, Glacius, the Granteed and Coustille units, and the whole storyline behind them), they're probably gonna keep Alpha 3 for SRW OG 5, and that would effectively cover the GBA/Playstation era. So K, L, W and Z will have to wait for a while, specifically Z which is still incomplete (and meant to be a contained series, likely tied by the 12 Spheres arc of which we know only two).

Moonshadow
2011-06-15, 06:00 AM
Wait, what? We know of 4 Spheres right now. Rand's Wounded Lion, Setsuko's Sorrowful Virgin, Crowe's Swaying Scales and Aim's Lying Black Sheep.

Though, I'm fairly sure that Crowe's Sphere hasn't yet awakened yet, unless I missed something in Hakai-hen.

Tengu_temp
2011-06-17, 04:49 AM
Now with a preview! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQvBCOS_pVg)

T.G. Oskar
2011-06-17, 05:13 AM
Wait, what? We know of 4 Spheres right now. Rand's Wounded Lion, Setsuko's Sorrowful Virgin, Crowe's Swaying Scales and Aim's Lying Black Sheep.

Though, I'm fairly sure that Crowe's Sphere hasn't yet awakened yet, unless I missed something in Hakai-hen.

Don't think that everyone automatically knows of Z2's Spheres. We do know there's two official (Rand's and Setsuko's), one that may or may not hold a sphere (Asakim), and another suspect (Gilliam, if the System XN OR XN Geist is actually a Sphere). IIRC, the remaining spheres are spread over the remaining SRW worlds, if what I heard is true; it may not be actually right, but there's basically 3 confirmed games and only 4 Spheres (or 3, if Asakim doesn't have one), which is kinda slow. Either Z2.2 will have all remaining Spheres, or perhaps only half of the Spheres are released.

Moonshadow
2011-06-17, 11:55 AM
...But Aim definately has the Aries Sphere. And the Brasta has the Libra in it, it's just not awoken yet. And there isn't anything to say that the other Sphere users are going to be introduced, for all we know, Asakim has already killed off a few of the Sphere holders.

Comet
2011-06-18, 08:52 AM
Now with a preview! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQvBCOS_pVg)

That was cool. Could've used a touch more team SRX, but I suppose you can't win them all. Curious how they are going with Kyosuke as the poster boy for the series even today. I blame Excellen.

Drascin
2011-06-18, 02:41 PM
That was cool. Could've used a touch more team SRX, but I suppose you can't win them all. Curious how they are going with Kyosuke as the poster boy for the series even today. I blame Excellen.

Well, he does have a pretty cool mech (the flying brickAlteisen is cooler than any of the R units and you know it! :smalltongue:). Plus, as you said, comes with Excellen, which is a notable plus.

Hunter Noventa
2011-06-18, 02:53 PM
I just want to see Masaki and Lune. Mostly Lune. <3 Valsione, obviously. *points at avatar*

But yeah, someone apparently mentioned this game to Atlus at E3, and they expressed interest in talking to Bandai-Namco about it...it might actually get localized.

But don't hold your breath.

Comet
2011-06-18, 04:15 PM
the flying brickAlteisen is cooler than any of the R units and you know it! :smalltongue:)

I think that R1, not to mention the SRX itself, has it beat. I can't deny that the Alteisen is pretty damn cool, though.

Masaki

Definitely. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing an upgraded Cybuster with shiny graphics.

But yeah, someone apparently mentioned this game to Atlus at E3, and they expressed interest in talking to Bandai-Namco about it...it might actually get localized.

But don't hold your breath.

I won't. The general feel on the Atlus forums seems to be "oh god, we regret ever translating any SRW games now can you please shut up y'all". Getting the rights from Bandai-Namco is apparently not very easy at all.

Maybe someone will pick it up, maybe Atlus themselves will. I'll just wait for a story walkthrough document and import, though.

Drascin
2011-06-18, 04:22 PM
I think that R1, not to mention the SRX itself, has it beat. I can't deny that the Alteisen is pretty damn cool, though.

Personally, I never liked the SRX itself. Even the Genspensts looked cooler to me, really. Never actually used it if I could help it.

Really, the one advantage the SRX team has in my eyes is that Rai comes with a pretty cool song, even if his mech is in a contested duel for the post of "ugliest thing to ever come from an OG game" :smalltongue:.

Hunter Noventa
2011-06-19, 03:45 PM
Personally, I never liked the SRX itself. Even the Genspensts looked cooler to me, really. Never actually used it if I could help it.

Really, the one advantage the SRX team has in my eyes is that Rai comes with a pretty cool song, even if his mech is in a contested duel for the post of "ugliest thing to ever come from an OG game" :smalltongue:.

Well the SRX is what you get when you take 3 real robots and make them intoa super robot without having something to mess with space and the like a la Getter or what have you.

But yeah, I love me some Gespensts.

tonberrian
2011-06-19, 03:52 PM
I'm fond of the SRX because it's so ridiculous. Also, love the theme.

Other mechs I like also include the Soulgain, Gespenst, and the various Huckebeins.

Moonshadow
2011-06-19, 11:33 PM
I like all the german mechs, myself. I was always sad that Wildschwein was only in OG 1, it was awesome ;-;

Also, Trombe!

Hunter Noventa
2011-06-20, 05:30 AM
I like all the german mechs, myself. I was always sad that Wildschwein was only in OG 1, it was awesome ;-;

Also, Trombe!

If you have a Japanese PS2 you can get OGs and use the Wildschwein and Wildraubtier for both games. I also love the Wildschwein.

On the subject of Trombe,
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh47/Hunter4242/miscellaneous/TrombeAchievement.png

T.G. Oskar
2011-06-20, 06:08 AM
I'm waiting for the moment in which the devs announce Axel's (and Alchemie's) triumphant return. For some reason, the story has definitely propelled Axel from the status of a noble villain to extremely cool ally. Perhaps he returns on his "Ahoseru" (Silly Axel) persona?

That would be unnerving...Silly Axel trying to hit on Excellen, she accepts, Kyosuke goes a very unnerving "what...", Axel goes "what, it worked?", Alchemie goes nuts, then Excellen says "just kidding!" and defuses the whole situation. That, or having the duo pull off one of SRW A's antics.

Still, there's a chance he doesn't appear (though he must!), so no holding my hopes up. He's grown into one of my favorite characters, because he combines the right amount of awesome with funny. Plus his song and mech are just too awesome, even within the concentration of awesome that's SRW per se.

Also, I don't think the Wildraubtier can be trespassed. After all, for starters there's a chance they might want to start this game without a system data of sorts (transferring from PS2 to PS3; much like how difficult it is to transfer Pokemon from a GBA to a DS now that the DSi and the 3DS made their appearance), and the Wildraubtier will be upgraded (that's Latooni's mecha, BTW, unless they allow her to shift between that mech and the Fairlion S). Wildschwein might appear as a mass-produced model, much like with the Inspectors, so perhaps one of the characters might get ahold of one (competing with the Lions and the Hyucks).

Prime32
2011-06-20, 10:08 AM
I'm waiting for the moment in which the devs announce Axel's (and Alchemie's) triumphant return. For some reason, the story has definitely propelled Axel from the status of a noble villain to extremely cool ally. Perhaps he returns on his "Ahoseru" (Silly Axel) persona?IIRC, in Endless Frontier EXCEED amnesia turns Axel into Silly Axel and Alfimi into Excellen. And 2nd OG is set after that. So yes.

Moonshadow
2011-07-02, 05:58 AM
I've got my copy pre-ordered already! :smallbiggrin:

tonberrian
2011-07-02, 04:17 PM
In celebration of the new game, I dug out my copy of OG2 to beat again (still haven't beaten EX Hard, but I've got a few New Game+'s under my belt). Anyways, I'm on Chapter 35 on the Earth Cradle route - time to smash Wodan upside the head a few times. I'm a stickler for killing bosses, and Wodan's rather unique in that you can smash him twice - once before Sanger decides to go mano-a-mano with him, and then again afterwards. Due to some cash flow underestimates, my main combination weapons aren't fully upgraded. This is important.

First time through, I forgot my Armor Breaker (Leona was using the Ashsaber, but that goes on the Moon Cradle route with Lamia, so I switched her over to the Wildwurger R). Second time through, I get Wodan right before his first trigger and smash him with the HTB Cannon from Ryusei, forgetting I have enough SP for Latooni to Enable Mai, who would do more damage since she has higher Ranged, a love bonus, and a better support partner in Seolla. Then I foolishly save right afterwards, since it looks like Mai can finish him off.

I'm just 807 damage shy. *sob*