PDA

View Full Version : Three Way Battle: Quan Chi/Shang Tsung v.s Bleu Deis/Morrigan v.s Gandalf/Merlin

ArlEammon
2011-06-12, 08:25 AM
http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubbattle/show?mid=8899

Shang Tsung bargains with Quan Chi in the Nether Realm, giving him the promise of greater power through an Artifact called the One Ring in a world known as Arda that Shao Kahn hasn't yet conquered. Meanwhile, in Thedas a mysterious Sorceress named Bleu Dais has appeared in the continent to grant the Mages an alternative source to their magic other than the Fade, and thus grant them a sigh of relief from demonic possession, and perhaps freedom as well. Back in Middle Earth, Merlin has appeared to speak with Gandalf. "Ah, my acquantence from so long ago, and perhaps an old friend as well, Gandalf. . ." Gandalf nods. . . "Pallando, what is it? Gandalf asked as Merlin's face and tone appeared to be serious. "Illuvetar will now make you Gandalf the White. . . it is time for your deeds to be rewarded by giving you greater power and knowledge. There are powerful sorcerers who seek the One Ring. . . They have nearly reached the Shire. . . we must draw them outside the town before we have to fight with them, or many will perish in the battle." Gandalf's face was in shock . . .as a light envelopes him . . .

---------------

Back in Thedas,

"So. . . " Morrigan replied. "What you're telling me is that this "One Ring's" negative side effects are invalidated through being in another plane, but the powers it grants still function? How interesting." Blue blinked her eyes a little,"Yes, in order to protect the world against this "Archdemon" of yours, you will need that Ring. . . But I can sense that there are others who are already near it. We must take ourselves through that Portal NOW."

Suddenly Dais, and Morrigan have appeared in a wide open field with Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Gandalf and Merlin. "NOOO!!! HOW MANY OF YOU ARE THERE!" Merlin screams. . . "YOU CANNOT HAVE IT! THE RING WILL NOT SERVE YOU, DARK SORCERERS!" Morrigan reacts first by casting a spell of lightning at Gandalf, who manages to block it with his magical Ring. . . Quan Chi looks at the two Sorceresses, and then to the two old mages, Merlin and Gandalf. "This Ring belongs to the Nether Realm now."

The battle begins . . .

((OOC: Merlin and Gandalf are obvious, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi are from Mortal Kombat, Morrigan is from Dragon Age, and Bleu Deis is from Breath of Fire. . . Google what you do not know, grasshopper))

The Glyphstone
2011-06-12, 08:56 AM
You forgot to tell us who any of these people are, or what they are capable of, again. Sure, Gandalf and Merlin are obvious, Morrigan a bit less so, but who the heck are these other three?

ArlEammon
2011-06-12, 09:41 AM
You forgot to tell us who any of these people are, or what they are capable of, again. Sure, Gandalf and Merlin are obvious, Morrigan a bit less so, but who the heck are these other three?

Google what you do not know Grasshopper.

ArlEammon
2011-06-12, 09:49 AM
http://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubbattle/show?mid=8899

The Glyphstone
2011-06-12, 10:16 AM
Google what you do not know Grasshopper.

The first post should not be a one liner, or other very short introduction. It should be at least a page long, detailing the specifics of the discussion including the reason you are asking.

Fluff and story is nice, but it's presumptous to assume everyone knows who you're talking about, so specifics are expected to include at least a brief description of the characters, or failing that, links to said descriptions.

ArlEammon
2011-06-12, 10:28 AM
Fluff and story is nice, but it's presumptous to assume everyone knows who you're talking about, so specifics are expected to include at least a brief description of the characters, or failing that, links to said descriptions.

Then I'll post my link into the OP.

Electrohydra
2011-06-12, 12:52 PM
As much as Merlin is obvious, it's not at the same time, there are thousands of depictions of Merlin, some MUCH stronger than others, so which Merlin are we talking about exactly?

ArlEammon
2011-06-12, 12:55 PM
As much as Merlin is obvious, it's not at the same time, there are thousands of depictions of Merlin, some MUCH stronger than others, so which Merlin are we talking about exactly?

Merlin as in literature before the 1900's. . . is that satisfying?

SITB
2011-06-12, 04:11 PM
Which BoF is Deis from? I think that in every BoF game she is a goddess/Demi-god but to what degree changes between games.

BoF IV Deis could probably curb-stop the rest of the thread if she is no longer 'crippled'.

ArlEammon
2011-06-12, 04:24 PM
She's BoF II Deis.:)

Coidzor
2011-06-12, 04:30 PM
Right. You grant godhood to one of the participants out of the door without explaining why and expect us to just go to it?

Explain that first.

ArlEammon
2011-06-12, 04:35 PM
Right. You grant godhood to one of the participants out of the door without explaining why and expect us to just go to it?

Explain that first.

Bleu is a rather weak god in Breath of Fire. She's more like Raiden than Zeus. . . if you get my meaning.

Meaning, for those who need me to explain, that Bleu is killable, and often vulnerable like any other mortal, with the added benefit of having powerful magic.

SITB
2011-06-12, 04:49 PM
Depends on which BoF, in 4 and 3 she is a goddess; meanwhile in 1 and 2 she is just an extremely powerful sorceress if I recall correctly.

But since you specified BoF 2 it's meaningless anyway.

Coidzor
2011-06-12, 06:03 PM
Bleu is a rather weak god in Breath of Fire. She's more like Raiden than Zeus. . . if you get my meaning.

Meaning, for those who need me to explain, that Bleu is killable, and often vulnerable like any other mortal, with the added benefit of having powerful magic.

I meant giving Shang Tsung use of the One Ring of Sauron and thus all of the powers of a god in addition to the mind of a sorcerer to see how to use them and his own powers as a sorcerer.

ArlEammon
2011-06-12, 06:08 PM
I meant giving Shang Tsung use of the One Ring of Sauron and thus all of the powers of a god in addition to the mind of a sorcerer to see how to use them and his own powers as a sorcerer.

Shang Tsung bargains with Quan Chi in the Nether Realm, giving him the promise of greater power through an Artifact called the One Ring in a world known as Arda that Shao Kahn hasn't yet conquered.

What this means is that Shang Tsung has given Quan Chi the location of the One Ring. . . with him coming along. (They plan on betraying eachother of course)They don't have it yet. . . it's still in the Shire. . . But Gandalf and Merlin were there to stop them, and then suddenly Deis and Morrigan show up.

NerfTW
2011-06-13, 01:38 AM
Something tells me you may want to stop and consider that not everyone (or anyone, for that matter) can read your thoughts.

ArlEammon
2011-06-13, 01:42 AM
You Can't?

They Can't?

"THIS ISN"T PLANET VORLON!!!"

"I must have take a wrong turn at Zahadum"

ArlEammon
2011-06-14, 06:16 PM
Bump. . . repeated bump.