PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Vermin Lord

WinWin
2011-06-12, 09:18 AM
Thinking about planning out a progression for an upcoming game. I decided to use an underrated and unappreciated class. Vermin Lord.

Still debating entry. Druid is obvious, but I may use Cleric or more likely Ur-Priest. I wanted to go Arcane, but aside from Arachnomancer, I can't see any viable entry.

What I really need help with is making the most of Vermin Servant. Effectively 3 bonus familliars throughout the course of the PrC.

Now, I am going to run a con on my DM, by pushing a really over the top Vermin Servant first, so that my second choice will seem reasonable by comparison.

I was thinking a Dungeonbred, Guardian, Hairy Spider Druid. Still 1 hd, thanks to Monsters of Faerun making hairy spider a PC race.

As for an optimized companion that I seriously plan on using, I am at a loss. Becoming a Vermin Servant Changes type to Magical Beast (augmented vermin) so is the creature still eliable for Warbeast training? Also, what feats would be appropiate (the Vermin Servant should gain feats and skills thanks to an intelligence score). Finally, is the Servant still Mindless depite haning an Int score?

This will probably be a work in progress. I have nearly a month before the new game starts, so I want to iron out a few kinks before then.