PDA

View Full Version : robe of the archmagi

Bloodymango
2011-06-12, 11:00 AM
hey guys so i'm playing the healer in my current campaign. I'm healer 8/ combat medic 5/ worm hunter 1. I plan on going 4 m ore levels of wormhunter so have 2 levels to burn. i no i should have played a cleric but im annoyed with people power gaming and ruining campagins. i'm currently lacking armor and resistances. but ne way my questions is is there any PrC that gives me arcane spells and divine spells that i dont need pre-arcane spells for. i want to ware the robes of the archmagi but i need to have some arcane spells.

current stats

feats
leadership
master of land
combat casting
spell focus (abjuraction)
mobility (class feature)

darksolitaire
2011-06-12, 11:07 AM
Only PrC i can think of is the Chameleon from Races of Destiny, which grants you either arcane of divine spellcasting from it's own spells per day, and later can grant both simultaneously. Chameleon doesn't advance spellcasting, and you cannot use it's features to qualify for anything.

Southern Magician feat allows you to make arcane spell divine or vice-verse. It's hazy weather this really makes you an arcane spellcaster, propably not.

Bloodymango
2011-06-12, 11:10 AM
to be optimized bc im losing 2 caster levels to wormhunter i would like it to grant both arc and divine spells, but its not necessary

Bloodymango
2011-06-12, 12:20 PM
be sides sorc is there any other class i can take

Bloodymango
2011-06-12, 12:22 PM
be sides sorc is there any other class i can take

Draig
2011-06-12, 01:16 PM
if your question is "Are there other base classes that grant arcane casting ability" then yes, Wizard is an obvious one, but bards also gain arcane casting ability as well as Hexblades (CW) and other splat book classes.

Bloodymango
2011-06-12, 01:19 PM
what about PrC

Alefiend
2011-06-12, 02:51 PM
You've limited yourself to CHA-based arcane casting because of what appears to be an 8 INT, so the above respondents are right—sorcerer and bard are your two easiest options.

But I think you're going at this the wrong way; getting another character class just to use a magic item (even a good one) is a serious cart-before-horse move. Why not find a way to trade those robes for a custom item that gives similar bonuses to divine caster?