PDA

View Full Version : Multihanded Weapon and Power Attack

Mirlion
2011-06-13, 04:10 AM
I'm having trouble in understanding how the combination of Multihanded Weapon and Power Attack works - could you please help me out?

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Multihanded_Weapon_(3.5e_Feat)

As benefit the feat increases your str-bonus-multiplier dependent on the number of hands used - x2.5 in case of four arms instead of x1.5 with 2 arms. So with a strength of 22 and four arms on a weapon you get a +9 damage bonus instead of the normal +3. That's clear to me.

Now my problem:
"Benefits are doubled when used in conjunction with the Power Attack feat."

How ist this meant?
Could you please give an example?

(English ist not my native language - please excuse my potentially "strange phrasing")

Gwendol
2011-06-13, 04:32 AM
For every hand used above 1, add 0.5 STR: 2 hands 1.5, 3 hands 2.0, 4 hands 3.5 STR bonus, etc. For Power attack the multiplier should be adding one for each hand used to deliver the blow, as far as I can tell from reading the feat. However the text used to describe this isn't very clear, and the feat also disregards the rules for multihanded fighting already published (in Savage Species, for example).

Ravens_cry
2011-06-13, 04:34 AM
Its the Dandi Wiki, what do you expect? I have rarely, if ever, found anything there worth using.

Gwendol
2011-06-13, 05:31 AM
True. My recommendation would be to disregard the feat, and just use the rules for wielding weapons with multiple hands that already exists. Saves you a feat.

Hirax
2011-06-13, 05:42 AM
Those rules are found in Savage Species. I'm not seeing any text in the page you linked to, but as stated, Savagee Species sage add +.5 str mod per extra hand you're wielding the weapon with. However, weapons must be designed to be used with more than 2 hands, so you can't simply pick up a 2 handed weapon with 4 hands and get 2.5x str mod damage with it.

Mirlion
2011-06-13, 05:48 AM
Thanks for hinting at the savage species. I'll go with that.
And that will save me two feats! (Multihanded Weapon has Multiweapon Fighting as prerequisite)

For the link - the last ")" needs to be added to show the text - here the correct link
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Multihanded_Weapon_(3.5e_Feat)

Prime32
2011-06-13, 06:01 AM
The benefit provided by that feat is exactly the same as what you can already do for free, except for the vague "benefits are doubled when using the Power Attack feat".