Tokuhara
2011-06-13, 10:43 AM
Attention Playgrounders!

I just started an evil campaign last night where the party is as follows:

CE Female Tiefling Ranger
CE Female Tiefling Barbarian
CE Male Tiefling Wizard (Generalist)
LE Male Half-Elf Rogue
(Me) NE Male Vashar Cleric of The Xammux (Domains: Darkness & Knowledge)

This uses 3.5 stuff minus classes, which are Pathfinder (DM wanted the classes to be stronger)

We just reached level 2, so I'm wondering how I can make, if you will, an Evil ClericZilla? Basically, I am currently the combo Band-Aid Dispenser/nuker (cleric energy burst ability), but I want to head into more of an "I can solo almost anything, so you guys just back me up" direction.

My Current Feats are Corrupt Spell (DM said this feat is Vile), Dynamic Priest (Cha-Focused casting, not Wis), and Tomb-Tainted Soul

Optimator
2011-06-13, 02:40 PM
Here's a good guide for clerics. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.0)

myancey
2011-06-13, 06:27 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79430

Check the second post out.

Big Fau
2011-06-13, 06:56 PM
Worship Sertrous. Who needs a deity when you've got bonus feats?

myancey
2011-06-13, 07:10 PM

Yeah, I saw the post in the other thread. That was a good find.

Here's the thread with the info on Big Fau's idea. Scroll down a bit to find it.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202880

Elric VIII
2011-06-13, 07:33 PM

What is this and where can I find it?

In a 1-20 game I've been playing I have used the Bone Knight class and it has made me indestructible. You gain all the immunities of undead, without any of the drawbacks, 9/10 casting, a skeletal mount, the ablity to create intelligent undead, and a second pool of HD to controll undead.

Pair this with the spell Axiomatic Creature (BoED) and you get resistance 20 to almost all types of energy, darkvision, and the ability to not be caught by suprise as long as you have another axiomatic creature that isn't caught by suprise.

As for spellcasting I recommend the high-level Resistance spells that last 24 hours, along with persisted Divine Favor.

Also, Clerics are some of the best classes to optimize AC. With an Animated tower shield, Defending armor, shield, and gauntlet spikes (paired with Bead of Karma + GMW) I have an AC of 62 at level 16.

Using GMW and MV lets you divert your fiscal resources to utility items, rather than weapons/armor.

Tokuhara
2011-06-13, 07:38 PM
Sertrous? So every 5 levels, I get a Bonus Vile Feat? My DM would kill me

Big Fau
2011-06-13, 07:46 PM
Sertrous? So every 5 levels, I get a Bonus Vile Feat? My DM would kill me

On the bright side, your death would help fuel Sertrous' resurrection and conquest.

What is this and where can I find it?

Elder Evils (Chapter 1 and page 116).

Tokuhara
2011-06-13, 07:55 PM
On the bright side, your death would help fuel Sertrous' resurrection and conquest.

Not my character. Me. As in my DM will beat me unconscience

Curmudgeon
2011-06-13, 07:55 PM
Also, Clerics are some of the best classes to optimize AC. With an Animated tower shield, Defending armor, shield, and gauntlet spikes (paired with Bead of Karma + GMW) I have an AC of 62 at level 16.
I think you've omitted and confused some important stuff there. A Tower shield has a -10 armor check penalty, and Clerics have no proficiency with them.
Nonproficient with Armor Worn

A character who wears armor and/or uses a shield with which he or she is not proficient takes the armor’s (and/or shield’s) armor check penalty on attack rolls and on all Strength-based and Dexterity-based ability and skill checks. The penalty for nonproficiency with armor stacks with the penalty for nonproficiency with shields.
A character with an animated shield still takes any penalties associated with shield use, such as armor check penalty, arcane spell failure chance, and nonproficiency. So that's -10 to all your attacks, and you'd better forget about Anyspell/Greater Anyspell (Spell domain).
Defending

A defending weapon allows the wielder to transfer some or all of the sword’s enhancement bonus to his AC as a bonus that stacks with all others. There is no defending armor, and defending only transfers enhancement bonus to AC as a stacking benefit with swords. No gauntlet spikes or other such gadgets will work with defending, except as a house rule.

Optimator
2011-06-14, 01:40 AM
, and defending only transfers enhancement bonus to AC as a stacking benefit with swords. No gauntlet spikes or other such gadgets will work with defending, except as a house rule.

Bold words.