PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Ideas for Thri-Kreen Warblade

Magesmiley
2011-06-13, 04:54 PM
Hi folks, just started up a new campaign at 1st level, and I've settled on a Thri-Kreen, with plans to take up warblade, and I'm looking for suggestions on optimizing it. I'm using the racial progression for the thri-kreen from the back of the Complete Psionics book, which lets me take a couple of class levels mixed in with the Thri-Kreen HD and level adjustment over the first six levels (getting to pick a class level at 3rd and 5th).

Some stuff I know right now is that I'm definitely taking Multi-weapon fighting as a feat at 1st and Sudden Leap as one of my maneuvers when I take warblade at 3rd-level (+30 racial bonus to jump +4 for speed + 5 ranks = guaranteed 20 foot move followed by full attack). I can take 2 flaws if I want too.

Pretty much any WOTC source is fair game.

I only have proficiency with simple weapons to start with (courtesy of monstrous humanoid HD), and as I'm gaining martial proficiency at 3rd level with my 1st level of warblade, I really don't want to sink a feat into martial weapons. I've been toying with the idea of taking exotic WP (bastard sword) and oversized two-weapon fighting (which the DM is allowing with multi-weaon fighting), and two flaws but I'm not fixed on it. Two spiked chains is another combo I was mulling.

I've got a similar issue with armor, where I'll have none for 2 levels and pick some up at 3rd. I snagged leather (no armor check penalty, so no problems), but am looking for options.

Thoughts, ideas?

Keld Denar
2011-06-13, 05:00 PM
Tiger Claw doesn't really have a lot of support for MWF. It has a decent amount of support for TWFing with Wolf Fang Strike and the Xing Mongoose maneuvers, but not for MWFing. Honestly, you're probably best off trying wield 2x twohanded swords like a Diopsid, or getting one of those really nifty swords in Savage Species that give you an extra .5x +str benefit for each hand after the second and wielding one really BIG sword. Take your one big sword and execute some of the big jumping maneuvers like Death From Above with some liberal applications of Power Attack.

Desert Wind/Shadow Hand (for Shadow Blade) actually have the best support for MWFing, giving you a decent source of bonus damage, but they are Swordsage only.