PDA

View Full Version : Clerics: defeat death!

Flame of Anor
2011-06-13, 08:23 PM
Most of you probably know these, but I thought I would share for those who have missed it:

Close Wounds (Cleric 2) negates 1d4+CL (max +5) points of damage as an immediate action with close range. Your pal got hit down to -13? If you're in close range, he's fine!

Revenance (Cleric 4) plus Revivify (Cleric 5); Revenance brings a character who has been dead for up to 1 round/caster level back to life, with no level/CON loss, but he dies again after 1 minute/caster level. Revivify brings a character who has been dead for up to 1 round back to life, with no level/CON loss, for only 1,000 gp worth of diamonds. Together they're like peanut butter and chocolate!

These all can be found in the Spell Compendium.

Eldariel
2011-06-13, 08:30 PM
There's also Psionic Revivify and Last Breath. Whenever I play a mid optimization campaign, I make it a point to ensure that every champion is capable of UMDing or casting off a scroll of Revivify of some type in case of a fatality. Saves so much in terms of death expenses. In-combat Revivify combines nicely with Healing/Greater Healing Armor which autoheals you to functionality without action.