PDA

View Full Version : multi-plate

Das Platyvark
2011-06-13, 08:38 PM
So a while ago I was making a warforged character, (fighter) and came across the feat Adamantine body. I of course decided to stack this with full plate and whatever else I could find, to send my ac to such heights as I could. So two questions for ye the playground. One: is this even legal, and Two: how could I buff this guy up even more (without too many magic items).

Veyr
2011-06-13, 08:40 PM
Warforged cannot wear armor; their plating counts as armor. Unless you take the Unarmored Body feat to take it off, anyway.

RaggedAngel
2011-06-13, 08:40 PM
A warforged's armor bonus does not stack with regular armor. Additionally, unless you take the Unarmored Body feat you can't even put regular armor (or robes) on. Sorry.

EDIT- Straight up swordsaged.

myancey
2011-06-13, 09:46 PM
Additionally, here are the stacking rules:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#stacking

When I first started, I didn't have a clue about stacking restrictions till I read this page. Further down the page it lists all the types of bonuses.

Worira
2011-06-14, 04:19 AM
Hmm... Actually, that does raise an interesting point. It doesn't work for Warforged, since they can't wear armour, but is there actually anything stopping you from wearing a set of +1 Heavy Fortification padded armour underneath your +5 Full Plate?

TroubleBrewing
2011-06-14, 05:10 AM
Yep. Armor occupies a slot; you can't wear two sets of armor.

Eldan
2011-06-14, 05:24 AM
Additionally, plate already includes padding and chain.

TroubleBrewing
2011-06-14, 05:25 AM
Additionally, plate already includes padding and chain.

AND a helm!

Eldan
2011-06-14, 05:29 AM
AND a helm!

And gauntlets, I think.

big teej
2011-06-14, 08:55 AM
And gauntlets, I think.

Iron shod boots ftw?

to clarify, I'm pretty sure plate gives these as well

Divide by Zero
2011-06-15, 11:42 AM
But not pants. Because there are no pants in D&D.

Telonius
2011-06-15, 11:56 AM
But not pants. Because there are no pants in D&D.

Oh, sure there are. You just have to dig a bit (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#clothing) to find them:

Artisan’s Outfit

This outfit includes a shirt with buttons, a skirt or pants with a drawstring, shoes, and perhaps a cap or hat. It may also include a belt or a leather or cloth apron for carrying tools.

Cold Weather Outfit

A cold weather outfit includes a wool coat, linen shirt, wool cap, heavy cloak, thick pants or skirt, and boots. This outfit grants a +5 circumstance bonus on Fortitude saving throws against exposure to cold weather.

Lots more, too, if you count "breeches" as pants.

Flame of Anor
2011-06-16, 11:05 AM
Lots more, too, if you count "breeches" as pants.

Hmm...do breeches stack with pants?

Keld Denar
2011-06-16, 11:18 AM
Only if you fold them properly. If you do it right, they will all stack nicely into your drawers or closet.