PDA

View Full Version : Community Random Effects Table

Trufflehound
2011-06-14, 11:50 AM
Let's make a random effects table!
It should not be artifact-specific. It could work when you drink witches brew or look into the magic mirror. When you break the glass or push the shiny button.

Guidelines:

I think we should aim for 30 good effects, 30 harmful, and 40 miscellaneous. >Try to balance more and less powerful effects.
>The effects should not be game-breaking for a low-level party or insignificant for a high-level party.
>Try to be original. Do not copy or imitate the Deck of Many Cards or the Rogue's Dice.
>If two effects are similar, they should be dramatically different in at least one way.
>It is ok if the effect seriously inconveniences players, but it should not make their characters much more powerful then the rest of the party.
>If you make a quite good or very bad effect, include a tradeoff. If you give the player permanent flight (good), have his legs shrivel up and become useless.

Only post good effects for now; we'll do the bad and miscellaneous later.
Deadline is Whenever we reach about two hundred total effects, and at least 60 of each type. I'll put all the effects that have been submitted and seconded up into a chart for voting then.

Have at it!

EDIT: If you want to submit bad or miscellaneous effects now, use red font for bad, and blue if it's neither good nor bad. Just so they are still easily sortable.

Chess435
2011-06-14, 02:27 PM
1. The character's skin stiffens and hardens, granting them a +2 increase to their natural armor, but decreasing their Dexterity by 1.

2. The character gains a piece of long-forgotten arcane knowledge. They gain a randomly determined first level spell off of the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list to use once per day as a spell-like ability. (Save DC's are Cha-Based) Alternately, if they are capable of casting arcane spells, they may choose to gain an additional 1st level spell slot instead. (Treat as if gained through a high ability score)

3. The character's nervous system is altered, making them less receptive to pain. They gain a +4 bonus to saving throws vs. pain related effects, as well as DR 1/-.

4. The character's body is infused with elemental rock, increasing their Constitution by 2. However, instead of normal food, they must derive sustenance by eating rocks and metal. Once per day, if character comes across any sort of precious metal, they must make a DC 15 Will save or be compelled to eat it.

5. The character's body heals quite rapidly. Natural healing to both hit points and ability score damage takes place at twice the normal rate. In addition, all magical healing is 125% effective on the character.

I'll think of some more good ones later. :smallwink:

Combat Reflexes
2011-06-14, 03:47 PM
My first thoughts, probably more to come:

6. all the character's hair falls out, and he grows reptilian/draconic scales instead. Roll a d%:
1-29: Lizard scales - The scales are soft (like normal human skin) and provide no particular bonus or penalty.
30-59: Fish scales - The scales are wet to the touch and slippery. The character gains a +4 bonus on Escape Artist checks
60-90: Dragon scales - The scales are hard and tough and provide a +6 natural armor bonus, but they impose an additional -3 armor check penalty and top the Dex bonus to AC at +2. The character also suffers a 20% spell failure chance.
90-100: Improved Dragon scales - as dragon scales, but the character gains DR 2/magic as well as energy resistance 5 to a randomly chosen element (fire, cold, electricity, acid, sonic, force, or DMs call)

7. the character gets an extra feat and an extra flaw. The player may choose the bonus feat, but the DM must choose the flaw.

8. the character now has a severe phobia of d%:
1-10 spiders (or another kind of vermin)
11-20 blood
21-30 a specific race
31-40 a specific gender
41-50 cramped spaces
51-60 open spaces
61-70 heights
71-80 darkness
81-90 natural sunlight
91-100 any other (DMs call)

9. the character recieves the effect of a 3rd-level spell (roll randomly as you would roll the spells for a scroll in the DMG)

10. the character falls in love with the next person they see.

11. the character grows gills and can now breathe both in and out of water.

12. the character grows (nonfunctional) bird or bat wings. They can easily be concealed.

13. the character's facial hair is transformed into moss.

14. the character grows an extra 1d2 fingers on one hand.

15. the character speaks in riddles, rhymes, or other language-artforms like alliteration. Every time the player forgets this, the character is dazed for one round.

16. the character can bind a 1st-level vestige but automatically fails any Binding check.

17. the character contracts a random disease.

18. the character receives the effects of a Heal spell and a Power Word Stun spell.

19. the character is now drunk.

20. the character grows a fancy moustache (+2 on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks, but -4 to Disguise checks). If the character already had a moustache, it disappears.

some of them are a bit harsh, but that's how Gygax would have wanted it :smallbiggrin:

Moose Man
2011-06-14, 04:20 PM
21: The character changes genders. :smalltongue:
22: When hugged by a member of the opposite sex, the character turns into an animal from the Chinese Zodiac. (Shameless rip, I know)

Immonen
2011-06-14, 06:22 PM
23. The character is suddenly very hyperactive. The character cannot (and does not have to) sleep for 1d6 days, but is fatigued for an entire day thereafter. No amount of magic can remove this condition.

Trufflehound
2011-06-14, 06:57 PM
I second 1,2,3,4,5,7,18,20, and 23 for voting.

A lot of the others are excellent, imo, but are not 'good' effects, per se (Unless the character/player likes being drunk).

24. The character can mysteriously fly, with good maneuverability. However, his legs wither and become useless.

BTW, anyone can second something they like.

Combat Reflexes
2011-06-15, 03:49 AM
I second 23. Take that, trancing elves!

also:

25. the character changes race (as the reincarnation spell)

26. the character becomes insane. If the character already was insane, he now becomes sane.

27. the character's beard falls out. -10 to all Cha-related checks with dwarves.

28. the character can cast summon monster III by spitting on the ground as a standard action 1/day.

29. the character's blood transforms into poison (DC 10+1/2HD+Con mod; 1d4 Con/0). He takes 1d4 Con damage per day due to his mutating metabolism but is further immune to his own poison.

30. the character loses the level last gained and contracts lycantrophy (d%)
1-25: wererat
26-50: werewolf
51-75: wereboar
76-99: werebear
100: weresaxophonist or DMs call.

Moose Man
2011-06-15, 06:57 AM
Wouldn't it be lyncanthropy (not lyncantropy)?
I nominate 23 for serious consideration.
31: the character gains a familiar, regardless if he can cast spells. The familiar is chosen randomly from this lis (d%)t:
1: Hummingbird (dragon mag, #?), +X to initiative
2-25: Painted Turtle, (described later), +4 to Natural Armor
26-30: Lizard
31-35: Bat
36-40: Cat
41-45: Hawk
46-50: Owl
51-55: Rat
56-60: Raven
61-65: Snake
66-70: Toad
71-75: Weasel
76-80: Eagle, +2 Balance and Jump
81-85: Monkey, +2 Dex Checks
86-95: Pony, +2 Cha Checks
96-97: Badger, Endurance and Diehard
98-99: Horse, +10' speed
100: Elephant, +8 NA
Will do turtle later

Doorhandle
2011-06-15, 07:24 AM
ooh! ooh! Can I help?! I love tables!

32: The creature screams in agony as his veins glow and his blood boils!
It causes 1d12 damage for every hit-die the creature has, in a burst equal to 5ft/hit-die. If the creature make a fortitude save equal to 15+ his hit-dice, he only takes half-damage, and the burst effect is nullified.

33:The character sudden sickens, and hocks up a huge mass of black bile, snakes, organ-chunks, and other assorted nastiness. It then promptly faints. it is immediately reduced to 0 hit-points, and remains stable unless jostled. the effect requires magical healing to undo.

What? Negative effects are needed too!

Trufflehound
2011-06-15, 08:56 AM
Yes! Negative effects are needed too. Just put them in red font, and the merely inconvenient ones in blue so that I can sort them out later, and make sure that the good and bad ones are balanced.

34. The character grows thick, plush fur. This grants +6 to saving throws made against cold and -6 against heat or fire.

Like so.

Yitzi
2011-06-15, 09:15 AM
35. The character is affected by timelessness, as though he were on the Astral Plane. In addition, any healing effect used on the character has a 50% chance of failing.

Combat Reflexes
2011-06-15, 10:03 AM
36. the character doesn't believe in the gods anymore. He can no longer be healed by divine magic, but his natural healing rate is increased by 2 points per level.

37. the character is teleported away to a certain location and replaced with an illusion.

Chess435
2011-06-15, 10:23 PM
38. Cleansing power rushes over the character, removing 10 points of taint. If they have no taint, they instead get Pure Soul as a bonus feat. If you are not using the Taint variant, roll again.

39. The character is magically slimmed, removing excess body fat and reducing their weight by 20%. In addition, they gain the Slight Build special quality, allowing them to count as a size category smaller whenever it would be convienent for them to do so. (Special: If the character has Willing Deformity: Obese, they instead lose all benefits of that feat as the effects cancel each other out. At the DM's discretion, the character may regain the feat by eating excessive amounts of food for an extended period of time.)

40. For a brief moment, the character is mentally joined with another (randomly determined). During this brief experience, their two minds are as one, and they can read each others thoughts and memories. Even though the experience only lasts for about 30 seconds, it has a lifelong effect on both targets. As long as the two targets are within 10 feet of each other, they both gain a +1 insight bonus to attack rolls and saving throws. In addition, if one uses the aid another action to assist the one they bonded with, the bonus from the aid another is +4 instead of +2.

Trufflehound
2011-06-16, 08:44 AM
41. The character gains a free tribble familiar.

42. The character's arms become unbalanced, like those of a crab. His right arm gains +4 str, and his left arm takes a -4 str penalty. This does not affect two-handed weapon attack or damage rolls.

43. The character attracts area burst spells. Any aoe spells cast in his vicinity appear ten feet closer to him than intended.

44. The character's beard gains damage reduction 10/silver. He grows a beard if he does not already have one.

Yitzi
2011-06-16, 02:11 PM
The character's capabilities change utterly, in body and mind: his race changes randomly (as though he were under the effect of Reincarnation) and his ability scores are randomly reassigned (roll 1d6 to determine which of the six becomes his new strength score, 1d5 for which of the others becomes his new dexterity, etc.) Afterward, he may replace any number of classes, skills, and feats with new ones as he wishes, essentially rebuilding the character from level 1.

TheLonelyScribe
2011-06-16, 03:11 PM
I second everything except Yitzi's (no offence, I just think that it would be not only a pain for the player but a pain for everybody else as they have to go through the whole of character creation again).

45. The character grows antennae. These are difficult to cover, but grant the character 15ft blindsight.

Combat Reflexes
2011-06-17, 03:43 AM
*seconds 42* - but it needs some more work:
a shield held in the strong arm provides a +1 bonus to AC (you can swing it faster)
a shield held in the weak arm imposes a -1 penalty to AC.

46. The character is overcome with feelings of mistrust and paranoia. He gains a +4 bonus on Sense Motive checks and saves versus illusions, but suffers a -1 penalty to all other rolls, saves, ability checks, skill checks and AC.
The character also automatically recognizes Shadow X spells (but not Shades)

47. The character drops to -[1d8] but is stable.

48. The character is now a gnome.

49. The character gains the Celestial (1-40), Fiendish (41-80), or Dark (81-100) template.

50. One of the character's ability scores (randomly determined) is replaced with the ability score of the nearest living creature and vice versa. Scores of lower than 1 or nonexistent (-) scores are not effected.

magic_unlocked
2011-06-17, 04:13 AM
I nominate number 50! ^_^

51. You become angry, so angry in fact, that you gain the barbarian's basic rage feature in all respects. However, This rage is mindless and you attack the nearest moving target. A will save, DC 20, changes the target to your choosing, but it must be moving.

If you already have the rage or frenzy feature, you instead get:

1-30: +5 rounds of rage/frenzy
31-60: +1 str/con while raging
61-90: +2 dex while raging
91-100: Immediately go into a rage until you have no more rounds of Rage left.

TheLonelyScribe
2011-06-17, 09:41 AM
I second 46, 47, 49 and 51.

I think that 48 is cool, but should be miscellaneous (being a gnome isn't all that bad).

radmelon
2011-06-17, 11:18 AM
This looks fun! I fondly remember the chaos effects from ADOM, with their mixed benefits and curses.

52 - The character gets Abberation blood as a bonus feat.

53 - The character gets resistance 5 to a random kind of energy. Roll 1d6:
1 - Fire
2 - Cold
3 - Acid
4 - Electricity
5 - Sonic
6 - Negative Energy if living, Positive Energy if undead

54 - The character's legs weaken. - 5 ft. to base land speed.

Immonen
2011-06-17, 02:56 PM
Seconding 53 and 54. Simple is better.

NeoSeraphi
2011-06-17, 04:42 PM
Alright! Let's see what I can do!

55-The character has angered one of the gods with his actions. The god dispatches a powerful Aleax (Book of Exalted Deeds) to deal with him. The Aleax receives a +2 bonus to one of its stats (Roll 1d6, ignoring 6. Str = 1, Dex =2, Con = 3, Intelligence =4, Charisma =5). If the character manages to defeat the Aleax, he gains a +2 sacred (if the deity is good or neutral) or profane (if the deity is evil) to the same stat that the Aleax had.

56- The character's racial blood is especially pure. All of his racial traits are doubled, including penalties and bonuses to ability scores, the range of visions, and skill bonuses. (For example, a high elf who rolled this trait would have a +4 bonus to Dexterity, a -4 penalty to Constitution, +4 to Listen, Search, and Spot, and lowlight vision with double the range)

byaku rai
2011-06-17, 05:03 PM
57: The character now glows like a sunrod, shedding light out to 60 feet and shadowy illumination out to 120. This can be covered only by wearing very thick clothing.

58: A red dragon (DM determines age) falls deeply in love with the character. It attempts to woo the character through gifts of dead commoners and pretty shinies. If spurned, it attempts to kill the character and anyone else close by.

59: The character is affected as by the spell baleful polymorph as cast by a level 20 character.

60: The character catches on fire. This does no damage to the character, but they are constantly under the effects of produce flame, and in addition cause any creature which attacks them in melee 1d6 fire damage. However, any item they use which is made out of a very flammable material (unenchanted paper, cloth, or wood) automatically catches on fire and is destroyed utterly 1d10 rounds later.

NeoSeraphi
2011-06-17, 05:24 PM
58 is AMAZING. I vote for it

Moose Man
2011-06-17, 10:34 PM
58 is seconded by me, thirded by my dog.

radmelon
2011-06-17, 11:47 PM
I fourth 58. That is an EPIC plot device. I just may spring it on one of my players.

Chess435
2011-06-18, 05:33 PM
I fifth number 58, lol.

Combat Reflexes
2011-06-18, 05:41 PM
Ptah, a good DM doesn't need a random table to install plot device #58 :smallsmile:

Oh, and I second 56. That one's awesome. Think of the possibilities (Goliath!)

61. The character grows colourful fur (and/or big round eyes)

62. The character and the DM switch places for 1d6 minutes.

Dawn-Dusk
2011-06-18, 05:48 PM
I sixth 58!

And yes that does work... Though it was a White Dragon that fell in love with a Human Rogue. Oh the shenanigans that ensued... of course until they found out the only reason the white dragon was in love with the guy was because he was destined to become the prized sculpture in this White Dragons Ice Sculpture room.... Oh that was a good year.

Qwertystop
2011-06-18, 06:31 PM
63: The triggerer loses knowledge of the use on one weapon he used to be good with, and gains immense skill with one that he could never use before. Choose a random weapon that the triggerer is proficient in, and that is within 15 feet of them, and their proficiency becomes non-proficiency. This means that they lose their proficiency in that weapon, and take an additional -4 to attack rolls with it for being exceptionally terrible with it. If they had any feats that are specifically set to that weapon, those are reversed too. For example, the Improved Critical feat would instead halve the threat range for their use of that weapon.

However, they also gain proficiency with a weapon within 50 feet of them that they are not proficient in. They also gain knowledge of what this weapon is, and know where the nearest one is until they get one. They also gain Improved Critical, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, and Greater Weapon Specialization for that weapon, even if they do not meet the prerequisites. They are also treated as having a BAB 2 higher than their character level for attack rolls with that weapon.

I second 60!

DracoDei
2011-06-19, 02:19 AM
Second the following:
1, 3 though 8.
9 gets a seconding, provisional on a caster level being specified (I recommend twice ECL and NOT capped at 20 to keep it relevant. Also remove all level dependant limits... so a 20 level character could get hit with a 40d6 fireball)
10 through 16
17 provisional on at least a basic table of diseases being specified (I will note that there was a thread with some great planar diseases...)
18, 19, 20, 22,
57, 58, and 60 (may go back through and look at others I didn't look at with review in mind.)

Haven't looked through 24 through 56 yet...

One Step Two
2011-06-19, 05:33 AM
64: The character is forever under the effects of a prestidigitation spell, and will ever more be cleaned up and made presentible 1 round after being dirtied. This has no effect on spell effects (such as removing the Grease spell), only the mundane.

65: The character is blinded, his eyes immediately removed. A DC 15 fort save is required to avoid passing out for 1d10 minutes from shock.

66: The character's race changes to one of their choice, but they cannot choose their current race.

I don't know whether 66 is good or in the middle, I'll let you guys decide.

Trufflehound
2011-06-19, 08:34 AM
67. The character mysteriously turns into an elf on the full moon. If character already is an elf, roll again.

68. The sight of blood makes the character sick. He must make a DC 16 saving throw each round or be sickened. If he fails by five or more, he is nauseated.

69. While the character's gender is not changed, the character believes it has.

70. The character is under a constant ventriloquism effect. His voice is always five feet above him.

byaku rai
2011-06-20, 06:38 AM
71. The character attracts a duck, which now lives on his head. He is, however, unaware of this fact, and becomes very confused if anyone mentions it.

72. The character shrinks two size categories. (good for casters/rogues, really really bad for fighter-types)

73. The character grows wings, giving him a Fly speed of 40 (poor). After two levels of use, this improves to 50 (average). He is able to fly a number of rounds per day equal to his Con modifier + his Hit Dice. This is an extraordinary effect and cannot be dispelled or AMFed.

74. The character is not invisible, but believes he is. Side-effects may include nakedness.

Combat Reflexes
2011-06-20, 06:39 AM
Any of the buffs/debuffs from the Munchkin card game would also be nice to put on the random effects table.

If only I knew where I left that deck...

75. the character starts to suffer from severe mood swings. Every X hours, roll d% on the table below:
1-10 Sad/Melancholic.
-1 penalty to all saves.
11-20 Stoic.
+2 bonus to Will saves, -2 penalty to all Cha-related checks.
21-30 Disillusioned.
-1 penalty to all ability and skill checks.
31-50 OK
(as normal)
51-60 Nervous/Unconcentrated
+2 to initiative checks, -4 to all checks requiring concentration over multiple rounds (Craft, Search, Disable Device etc. etc.)
61-70 Insecure.
-2 to Will saves and Wis checks.
71-80 Happy.
+1 to all saves and Cha-related checks.
81-90 Reckless.
+4 to saves vs fear, +1 attack but -2 AC.
91-100 Angry.
+2 bonus to damage rolls.
(list may need tweaking)

Immonen
2011-06-20, 01:20 PM
Seconding 71-75.

Also, speaking of Munchkin...

76. Your character's sword (or bow, staff, or what-have-you) is now very funny-looking, seeming to defy the laws of physics, and changes whenever you look at it. This has no effect on the weapon, but lawfully-aligned creatures must make a DC 15 Will save when first seeing the weapon or be shaken for the rest of the encounter.

TheLonelyScribe
2011-06-20, 01:58 PM
I second 63

Zejety
2011-06-20, 02:10 PM
Seconding...

4, 15, 20, 21, 23, 25, 34, 44, 50, 53, 59, 60, 64.

77. The character tongue turns into a cat's. His gustatory sense improves (+4 on Perception checks concerning taste if you're playing Pathfinder) but he can not taste sweet food anymore.
Its appearance and texture obviously change, too.

78. The character does not understand the common language anymore. When he tries to speak what he considers common, other creatures hear him talk in an obscure language chosen by the DM. When he hears someone (or something) else talk in that language, it sounds like common to him.

79. Knowledge rushes into the character's head and suddenly, everything is clear! The character is immune to all negative mind-affecting effects and such already in effect are dispelled. He receives a +20 insight bonus on all knowledge checks.
The character must succeed a will save every hour and after every attempted knowledge check to keep the effect from fading. The DC starts at 15(?), and increased by 5 each time the save is rolled.

80. The character can not feel any pain. He is immune to pain related effects but loses track of his body's limits. The DM secretly keeps track of his hit points.

Chess435
2011-06-20, 06:30 PM
Wouldn't "can't feel any pain" count as immunity to pain effets? If so, I'd put that under a neutral effect, not a negative one.

Zejety
2011-06-21, 12:34 AM
Wouldn't "can't feel any pain" count as immunity to pain effets? If so, I'd put that under a neutral effect, not a negative one.

You're right. I'll change it.

byaku rai
2011-06-23, 09:13 AM
81. The character's eyes shift to the back of his head. He recieves a -4 awkwardness penalty to AC and attacks, and a -10 foot penalty to base land speed.

Zejety
2011-06-23, 10:21 AM
82. The character developes a taste for a weird type of food. Roll on the chart below to identify his new favorite. The character can live of that food even if it usually is not considered nutritous.
Normal food tastes awful to him but he can eat it on a successful Will Save (DR 10).

Food chart (D20)
{table]
1-4|insects

5-8|grass and leaves

9-11|raw fish

12-14|raw meat

15-17|soil

18-19|paper/vellum

20|human flesh[/table]

83. The character can use Know Direction (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/knowDirection.htm) as a spell-like ability.

Combat Reflexes
2011-06-23, 12:59 PM
Just seconding 82 is not enough. It's so awesome it deserves its own random chart :D

84. the character becomes a hypochondriac. At the start of every day, roll on the table below to determine the imaginary disease for the day.
The character fully believes that he has been infected with that disease and takes ability damage as normal (he is still allowed a Fortitude save). Ability damage and all other effects last until the character 'contracts' another imaginary disease.
Roll a d20:
1-3 Filth Fever
4-5 Blinding sickness
6-7 Cackle fever
8-9 Red ache
10-11 the Shakes
12-13 Slimy doom
14 Mindfire
15. Demon Fever
16. Devil Chills
17. Mummy rot
18. Cerebral parasites
19. Bubonic Plague (DC 19 contact disease; incubation period 1d3 days; damage 1d8 Con damage and 1d4 Cha drain)
20. re-roll [or DM's choice]
Diseases can be found here. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Disease)

(I don't know how to BB-code a table so this'll have to do)

EDIT: 85. re-roll twice. :smallbiggrin:

86. The character becomes closer with the multiverse and can see beyond the stars, but this makes him also forget a lot of common, simple knowledge. He might, for instance, know exactly where a certain demon lives or the temperature on planet X, but also have completely forgotten how to start a fire or open a door.
The character gains a +10 bonus on Knowledge (the planes) checks, but a -4 penalty to Wisdom-based checks and Knowledge (local) checks.

SamBurke
2011-06-23, 01:09 PM
63: The triggerer loses knowledge of the use on one weapon he used to be good with, and gains immense skill with one that he could never use before. Choose a random weapon that the triggerer is proficient in, and that is within 15 feet of them, and their proficiency becomes non-proficiency. This means that they lose their proficiency in that weapon, and take an additional -4 to attack rolls with it for being exceptionally terrible with it. If they had any feats that are specifically set to that weapon, those are reversed too. For example, the Improved Critical feat would instead halve the threat range for their use of that weapon.

However, they also gain proficiency with a weapon within 50 feet of them that they are not proficient in. They also gain knowledge of what this weapon is, and know where the nearest one is until they get one. They also gain Improved Critical, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, and Greater Weapon Specialization for that weapon, even if they do not meet the prerequisites. They are also treated as having a BAB 2 higher than their character level for attack rolls with that weapon.

I second 60!

Reading the first half of that, I was like... WOW. That would stink so bad.
But then, as you continue on... Things look better... and better... Yes.

Qwertystop
2011-06-23, 01:22 PM
Reading the first half of that, I was like... WOW. That would stink so bad.
But then, as you continue on... Things look better... and better... Yes.

So, you're seconding it?

Dawn-Dusk
2011-06-23, 01:46 PM
I second 86, though I wonder where 85 went.

I can just imagine the extremely intelligent person in the group just talking to the village idiot because he knows where to find something that is impossible to find.

NeoSeraphi
2011-06-25, 10:23 AM
87. The character becomes affected by an illusion that he sees through automatically. Anyone who looks at the character believes him to be wearing the most ridiculous outfit and hat they can imagine (WillDisbelief, DC 17). If the person looking at the character fails their Disbelief save, they must make another saving throw if they hear the character speak (his voice is really tiny and high-pitched or deep and masculine if the character is a dainty female, etc. It just doesn't make sense) The save is Will DC 17. If they fail that save they become affected by Hideous Laughter, with a caster level equal to the character's level.

Chess435
2011-06-25, 12:41 PM
88. The character gains the one-time ability to summon Chuck Norris. When he appears, he promptly solves whatever problem the character is facing with a roundhouse kick and then vanishes.

Trufflehound
2011-06-28, 08:35 AM
89. The character gains permanent gaseous form. This can only be removed with wish or miracle.

90. The character gains 10 ranks in Perform (Banjo).

91. The character gains immunity to a random energy type and vulnerability to all others.

Immonen
2011-06-28, 07:01 PM
Seconding 90, and dropping it on my players immediately.

92. The fighter's weapon becomes a BFS. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BFS) It's damage dice are doubled, but its wielder is at -4 to hit until he takes Exotic Weapon Proficiency (BFS). Additionally, if it was previously a light weapon, it is now one-handed. If it was one-handed, it is now two-handed. If it was two-handed, the fighter now must have a 20 Strength or better to wield it at all.

Chess435
2011-06-28, 11:32 PM
93. All of the character's equipment takes on the appearance of stuff from Star Wars. For example, a wand would appear as a blaster, and a character wearing full plate may look like a Stormtrooper. However, there are no mechanical changes in the gear itself.

Trufflehound
2011-07-09, 09:09 AM
94. The character gains a permanent Antilife shell. This shell does not collapse when used to push other creatures; however, opposed strength checks are necessary.

95. The character´s ears double in size. He gains tremorsense 60 ft. and vulnerability to sonic.

96. The character gets railroaded. He must make a DC 10+ECL will save to take any action that doesn´t further his life goal, as determined by the DM. Until he has reached his goal, he also gains Plot Armour, which grants him AC +8.

byaku rai
2011-07-09, 04:38 PM
97: The character sprouts chitinous spikes across his whole body. This grants him a +2 Natural Armor bonus, in addition to functioning as Armor Spikes.

erictheredd
2011-07-09, 05:01 PM
97. The character gains the ability to pull frogs out of one opening in an item of clothing they are currently wearing. This opening is the next one the character reaches into. Every time the character reaches into that opening their is a frog in there, whether they want it or not. If they to not remove it it will hop out. If they are not wearing clothing they use their ears or mouth. or butt, but only you want to go there

SirDalyus
2011-07-09, 05:29 PM
99.The player becomes a terrasque for 1d4 rounds when the player next enters combat. The player then loses one level and becomes deranged, cause him to temporarily lose 1d2 points of Int and Wis every day until he is convinced he is no longer a terrasque. 15DC Cha based.
If the charecter is a melee focused class, or his STR + CON is greater than WIS + INT he instead gains 1d3 points of strength per day and loses 1d2 points of AC until convinced otherwise. 25DC Wis based.

Trufflehound
2011-08-16, 11:34 AM
100. The character permanently loses 4 points of a randomly selected ability score, and gains 6 points of another.

101. All clothes, jewelry, and magic items that the character is wearing become cursed. They can only be removed with the casting of remove curse, wish, or miracle.

102. The character becomes panicked for 1d4 hours.

Ekul
2011-08-16, 12:01 PM
103. The character's shadow, breath, reflection and pulse are never witnessed again. The character's eyes are blank and lifeless. Any spell that requires the character to have a shadow, breath (including breath effects), reflection or animated eyes does not work. However, the character is counted as having 50% Fortification.

104. Any water the character touches automatically turns to ice unless it is saltwater. If the character falls into a freshwater lake, the square that the character is in turns to ice (he may make a DC15 climb check to climb onto the ice as it is forming), and every square adjacent to a square that was ice last round becomes a block of ice.

105. The character gains an ability that is functionally identical to the scent ability with the Track feat, with a +10 competence bonus to survival checks, except that it is only for gold. Gold now smells better than anything in the entire world to the character. The character is exceptionally good at detecting cities, bandits and anybody with money. The person cannot be fooled by fake gold and cursed gold smells rotten. When making large purchases for magic items and the like, the character has to make a DC17 Will save in order to buy anything that day, and if he makes the save by 5 or less, he also takes a -1 morale bonus on saves for the rest of the day.