PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Creating an Apostle of Peace Build

TheRinni
2011-06-14, 12:59 PM
For an upcoming, level 8 campaign, I’m thinking about playing a healer/buffer. I prefer spontaneous casters, so I was thinking Favored Soul. I’ve also absolutely fallen in love with the Apostle of Peace prestige class.

House Rules: Humans gain a +2 to any ability score of their choice, in place of the +2 skill points at each level. And the max rank for any given skill is 4 + your level, instead of 3 + your level.
The second house rule means that I can take 6 levels in Favored Soul, and then 2 levels in Apostle.

Feats: I get 2 at level one, 1 at level three, and 1 at level 6. I also gain 3 bonus exalted feats from taking the Vow of Poverty feat.
So I was thinking: Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty, Vow of Nonviolence, Vow of Peace, Touch of Healing, Augment Healing, and maybe Sacred Healing?
A note about the Vow of Peace: I know a lot of people frown upon its restrictions, and the restrictions it “forces on the other party members.” But the feats clearly state that:

“Your purity is so great that any ally of yours who slays a helpless or defenseless foe within 120 feet of you feels great remorse. Your ally takes a –1 morale penalty on his attack rolls for 1 hour per your character level.”

“You may not deal real damage or ability damage to such creatures through spells or weapons, though you may deal nonlethal damage. You may not target them with death effects, disintegrate, or other spells that have the immediate potential to cause death or great harm. You also may not use nondamaging spells to incapacitate or weaken living foes so that your allies can kill them—if you incapacitate a foe, you must take him prisoner.”

I don’t intend to stop my party from killing entirely – I simply draw the line at helpless and defenseless targets. I won’t be doing much debuffing either, as that could endanger my vows. I want my character to be purely focused on RP, healing, and buffing.

Spells: If I stick with the Favored Soul and Apostle combo, I’ll be dealing with a weird mixture of spontaneous and prepared spellcasting…. I don’t really know how to handle that. What spells should I leave to be prepared, and what spells should I put into my Favored Soul spontaneous repertoire?

I’m looking for suggestions on feats, spells, and alternative classes (though I’m pretty deadest on the Apostle Prestige class).

---------------------

No one has any ideas?

Nightmares Echo
2013-03-02, 01:13 AM
I see that I am like a year behind this, but I have been playing an AoP for a little while now. Seems to be alright with me. I gained 10 levels of favored soul before hand. As well the character is a Dragon Born type race the GM created for the world.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-03-02, 02:59 AM
Beguiler, its spell list goes perfect with Vow of Peace/Nonviolence, and you can get Mystic Theurge after AoP 2.