PDA

View Full Version : Building the Merc with a Mouth

Tanuki Tales
2011-06-14, 01:45 PM
A question just juggled into my noggin' and I was curious to see how the playground would answer it:

How would you go about creating Deadpool as a 3.PF character?

And for extra credit, stat him up as his Weapon X self (second incarnation and not first) and the alternate universe version of Deathstroke who showed up in Superman/Batman Annual 1.

Edit: Any 3rd party and 3.0 material is allowed to be used (as long as a more current version doesn't exist). Also, though not that important in the end, see if you can build him with as little use of magic or psionics as possible (i.e. levels in a casting or manifesting class).

Edit Edit: Also keep in mind that Deadpool most certainly has Regeneration and not just Fast Healing. He has regenerated entire limbs and even his head before, as well as pulling himself back together from being goo.

DaragosKitsune
2011-06-14, 07:51 PM
I don't think Deadpool can be built. He is literally immortal as long as he has cancer. Otherwise, his own regeneration would kill him. Not to mention the whole being Death's lover thing that aids his immortality. His actual abilities are probably just straight Fighter.

Starbuck_II
2011-06-14, 08:04 PM
A question just juggled into my noggin' and I was curious to see how the playground would answer it:

How would you go about creating Deadpool as a 3.PF character?

And for extra credit, stat him up as his Weapon X self (second incarnation and not first) and the alternate universe version of Deathstroke who showed up in Superman/Batman Annual 1.

Edit: Any 3rd party and 3.0 material is allowed to be used (as long as a more current version doesn't exist). Also, though not that important in the end, see if you can build him with as little use of magic or psionics as possible (i.e. levels in a casting or manifesting class).

Edit Edit: Also keep in mind that Deadpool most certainly has Regeneration and not just Fast Healing. He has regenerated entire limbs and even his head before, as well as pulling himself back together from being goo.

Lumi (Multihead template from Savage Species) is immortal. Literally by RAW you can't kill him unless he fails save from disintegrate and that equals his max hps (since you can't hurt those in anyway otherwise).

Tanuki Tales
2011-06-14, 08:21 PM
I don't think Deadpool can be built. He is literally immortal as long as he has cancer. Otherwise, his own regeneration would kill him. Not to mention the whole being Death's lover thing that aids his immortality. His actual abilities are probably just straight Fighter.

*cough*Soul-locked creature*cough*

Tyndmyr
2011-06-14, 09:57 PM

Troll blooded goes a long ways towards showing this.

He basically needs the following:
1. Regeneration that is quite effective.
2. Skill with swords.
3. Skill with guns.
4. Freaking crazy.

The biggest problem I'm having is narrowing down which classes to use. I'm kind of tempted to go with a barbarian chassis, since a refluffed rage could work pretty well.

Tanuki Tales
2011-06-14, 10:11 PM
Troll blooded goes a long ways towards showing this.

He basically needs the following:
1. Regeneration that is quite effective.

Well, I did say any books are open and since it's 3.PF, you could use the Resilient template from Silverthorne Games Book of Templates.