PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Wild Shape + Winter Wolf + Ability to Speak Common = speech in Wild Shape?

Blacktree
2011-06-14, 03:18 PM
I know there are a number of threads out there discussing ways to get around the obnoxious "can't speak in wild shape even though awakened animals can speak" rule, but I just realized, while perusing Frostburn that being able to hop in to Winter Wolf form (via Frozen Wild Shape) might / should allow you to speak common (or Giant if you know it) as that means Winter Wolves clearly are physically capable of speech. Yeah?

Gnaeus
2011-06-14, 03:24 PM
I know there are a number of threads out there discussing ways to get around the obnoxious "can't speak in wild shape even though awakened animals can speak" rule, but I just realized, while perusing Frostburn that being able to hop in to Winter Wolf form (via Frozen Wild Shape) might / should allow you to speak common (or Giant if you know it) as that means Winter Wolves clearly are physically capable of speech. Yeah?

Personally, I prefer Urskan form with that feat, because that also lets me use magic items (they have hands) and because personally I think armored anthropomorphic bears are cool since reading Golden Compass, but yes, Winter Wolf would also work.

Blacktree
2011-06-14, 03:26 PM
Gracias. Sadly it doesn't mean much to me at the moment since I'm in an e6 campaign (frozen wild shape requires 6 base fort save), but good to know for future reference. Thanks!