PDA

View Full Version : So... Making a Cleric with a twist.

SanusCompleo
2011-06-14, 11:11 PM
He can't cast spells. He can't cast spells that is, until he's spread the word of his deity far enough. You see, the deity doesn't exist (See Banjo), yet. I was wondering, how many followers would a deity require until it became a full blown deity and was available to give it's worshipers power? Would they be weaker than a more established religion's power?

Zale
2011-06-14, 11:52 PM
According to the SRD...

Rank 1-5

These entities, called demigods, are the weakest of the deities. A demigod can grant spells and perform a few deeds that are beyond mortal limits. A demigod has anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand devoted mortal worshipers and may receive veneration or respect from many more. A demigod controls a small godly realm (usually on an Outer Plane) and has minor control over a portfolio that includes one or more aspects of mortal existence. A demigod might be very accomplished in a single skill or a group of related skills, gain combat advantages in special circumstances, or be able to bring about minor changes in reality itself related to the portfolio.

So a few hundred?

SanusCompleo
2011-06-15, 12:18 AM
But would that one that was made up from nothing at all? If so, Sweeet.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-15, 12:23 AM
I think Deities and Demigods, ruled that even if you could get thousands of followers you still needed a Divine Spark to ascend to (demi) Godhood; the problem is that it didn't went into details of how to get the Divine Spark save for a few half hearted (IMO) suggestions)

SanusCompleo
2011-06-15, 12:25 AM
That is a problem... how would a non-embodied thing get a divine rank anyway? >.>

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-15, 12:31 AM
Exactly my point, in the end (assuming this is for a game). It is all just by virtue of the real overdeity AKA the DM.

Andmcmuffin2
2011-06-15, 12:34 AM
The DM for a campaign I'm in has actually been systematically killing off the gods he created by eliminating the last of their worshipers. While the rest of the party sees this as serious business, the one cleric (me) sees everyone around him being heretics.

I'd ask him how he went about this mechanic, but the campaign's not done yet and he's adamant about not giving spoilers. Curse one of them still being alive.

Coidzor
2011-06-15, 12:35 AM
Would they be weaker than a more established religion's power?

Depends. Would he have a Roaming Plan or would you only be able to use his powers while near your pylonsconverts?

Because a spell is a spell is a spell and the deity is irrelevant, just the casters' stats and feats.

slaydemons
2011-06-15, 01:02 AM
Depends. Would he have a Roaming Plan or would you only be able to use his powers while near your pylonsconverts?

Because a spell is a spell is a spell and the deity is irrelevant, just the casters' stats and feats.

your saying we should build add.... I mean convert additional people?

I am not in the game but I am interested in this topic, in my world as I don't own demigods and stuff you need to be married to a god or related by blood to be one.

SlashRunner
2011-06-15, 01:08 AM

Heh. First Starcraft reference I've ever seen on this board.