PDA

View Full Version : Swift Actions

Avalon2099
2011-06-15, 05:10 AM
Under the rules as I understand them your normally allowed one swift action per turn, what about if you have a class thats powered off them like the Ordained Champion PrC that uses Turns/Rebukes for Swift Action fuel, can I still only do ONE swift action per turn or can I use more because im spending Turns/Rebukes?

The Random NPC
2011-06-15, 05:39 AM
I believe it is multiple per round, if it was limited to one a round, it wouldn't change anything as you already get one a round.

Gwendol
2011-06-15, 05:40 AM
You can do one per turn. Using ACF's to gain access to swift actions does not mean you get more per turn.

The Random NPC
2011-06-15, 05:43 AM
You can do one per turn. Using ACF's to gain access to swift actions does not mean you get more per turn.

Then what is the point of the feature?

Gardener
2011-06-15, 05:53 AM
Then what is the point of the feature?

You're thinking of the Ruby Knight Vindicator's ability to burn turning attempts for extra swift actions. Ordained Champion, on the other hand, has a range of abilities that can be activated as a swift action. And yes, unless you have some source of additional swift actions, you'll be forced to choose one of those features to use each round.

The_Snark
2011-06-15, 06:03 AM
Clarification: are you talking about the Ruby Knight Vindicator? Because that prestige class does grant the ability to spend a turn/rebuke undead attempt to gain a swift action, and yes, this ability should allow you to use more than one swift action in a round. The rule that you may only take one swift action per round is poorly phrased - probably a holdover from the original Quicken Spell text (free action that you can take only once per round). Like standard actions, you ordinarily only get one per round, but if you somehow acquire more, then there shouldn't be anything keeping you from using them.

The Ordained Champion is a different prestige class entirely, and grants no such ability, though if I recall correctly it does use swift actions quite a bit.

The Random NPC
2011-06-15, 06:05 AM
I see, the OP confused me.

Avalon2099
2011-06-15, 06:18 AM
Sorry I didnt even know about the Ruby knight vindicator, I was referring entirely to the Ordained Champion, I didnt mean to confuse :( I understand now that im limited to one Swift Action per turn, thanks for the prompt replies.

The Random NPC
2011-06-15, 06:23 AM
It is quite alright.

Keld Denar
2011-06-15, 09:44 AM
Yea, the drawback of the OC's smite attack is that you can only do it once in a round. It is still an awesome PrC though!