PDA

View Full Version : Base Class Challenge VI - Voting Thread!

Morph Bark
2011-06-15, 06:26 AM
Welcome to the voting thread for Base Class Challenge V, Let's Play Dress Up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199119). Voting will consist of each voter giving a first, second, and third place vote for three separate base classes. A first place vote is worth three points, a second place vote is worth two points, and a third place vote is worth one point. The class that ends up with the most points wins the challenge contest. Voting starts now and will continue until June 30th.

We've got a good six base classes to review and vote for. Explanations for your votes are encouraged, though not required. If you thought a class fit well into the theme while staying unique to itself, say so, please. :smallsmile:

{table=head]Base Class|Author|1st|2nd|3rd|Total Points
The Red Cloak (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11013572&postcount=7)|Swiftmongoose|0|2|4|8
Stitch Witch (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11013793&postcount=8)|unosarta|0|5|0|10
Cloak Controller (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11020528&postcount=9)|jasonguppy|0|1|0|2
Stylist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11190822&postcount=11)|Cipherthe3vil|7|3|0|27
The Fabricator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11201444&postcount=12)|The WitchKing|7|1|3|26
The Ragamuffin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11207521&postcount=14)|dragonjek|0|2|7|11[/table]

Gideon Falcon
2011-06-15, 12:43 PM
Hmm...

3- Ragamuffin

2- Stitch Witch

1- Fabricator

Able Sindor
2011-06-15, 02:42 PM
Hmmm.... Lets say

Stylist: 1st Because after all it is all about style.

The Ragamuffin: 2nd Because Fey are awesome.

The Red Cloak: 3rd Secret organizations AND dueling on rooftops I'm in.

Scholar23
2011-06-15, 02:45 PM
Stitch Witch due to my belief it is a clever and utterly unquie class
excuse spelling

Morph Bark
2011-06-15, 02:48 PM
Double post :smalleek: sorry.

You can delete a post by editing it and then clicking Delete Post near the top.

Stitch Witch due to my belief it is a clever and utterly unquie class
excuse spelling

Any for your 2nd and 3rd choices? :smallwink:

NeoSeraphi
2011-06-15, 03:19 PM
3-Stylist

2-Cloak Controller

1-Red Cloak

Morph Bark
2011-06-15, 03:24 PM
Votes above this post have been tallied, save for Scholar23's as he has not yet put down votes for 2nd and 3rd place. If he doesn't vote for a 2nd and 3rd place I will put down his vote for his 1st place though.

Ursus the Grim
2011-06-15, 03:29 PM
1. Fabricator
I like the grim feel of the class, and the art was well-chosen.

2. Stylist
Well, if you're going to base a class of of fashion. . . .

3. Redcloak
The concept just reminded me of Goemon, but nothing really jumped out at me. Well-constructed and dynamic concept, though.

NeoSeraphi
2011-06-15, 03:39 PM
Oh, I think you might have misinterpreted my vote. When I numbered them, it was the number of points I was assigning them, not the place.

So if I were to assign them by place it would be

1st-Stylist (3 points)- Because creating undead through the sheer power of goth deserves to be first

2nd-Cloak Controller (2 points)- Matadors? Yes please.

3rd-Red Cloak (1 point)- Because secret societies remind me of Assassin's Creed.

Morph Bark
2011-06-15, 04:04 PM
Oh, I think you might have misinterpreted my vote. When I numbered them, it was the number of points I was assigning them, not the place.

I see. When I tally votes, I count the number as being the place being assigned.

Let this be a warning to the rest a' ya. :smallwink:

EDIT: Votes tallied again.

havocfett
2011-06-15, 06:05 PM
1st- Fabricator, cool aesthetic, interesting mechanics.

2nd- Stitch Witch, neat, rather unique class.

3rd- Ragamuffin, but mostly because I like the flavor.

KaelesFree
2011-06-15, 06:48 PM
1st Place - Stylist. I absolutely love the flavor of it. Very FFX-2, but I won't hold that against it, mainly because it is so great.

2nd Place - Red Cloak. A beautiful iteration of an Assassin's Creed style in the DnD world. It looks seamless and very well put together.

3rd Place - Fabricator. Who doesn't love steampunk?

Hyooz
2011-06-15, 08:25 PM
1st place - Fabricator

2nd place - Red Cloak

3rd place - Raggamuffin

Xzoltar
2011-06-15, 08:56 PM
1st : Fabricator
2nd : Stylist
3rd : Ragamuffin

Temotei
2011-06-16, 01:23 PM

So if I were to assign them by place it would be

1st-Stylist (3 points)- Because creating undead through the sheer power of goth deserves to be first

2nd-Cloak Controller (2 points)- Matadors? Yes please.

3rd-Red Cloak (1 point)- Because secret societies remind me of Assassin's Creed.

I'll have to make changes to the voting page next time, too, then. Clarity. It's good. :smallsmile:

Vauron
2011-06-16, 01:32 PM
1: Stylist
2: Stitch Witch
3: Fabricator

Morph Bark
2011-06-18, 05:57 AM
Votes tallied.

Bridgar
2011-06-18, 03:59 PM
1st: Stylist
2nd: Stitch Witch
3rd: Ragamuffin

drack
2011-06-18, 05:34 PM
1st: Fabricator
Cool concept, interesting fluff development upon it, mechanically still leaving it open to the player to go any number of ways while giving it it's own little unique abilities.

2nd: Stylist
I must say I was kind of turned off it at first by the vagueness of what they do when you kept the opening fluff to primarily just state that they make with the style, but I think the idea it's self is kind of cool once you stop making it sound like a kid looking for an escape from life, and more like someone who is committed to being who they are, and it is mechanically sound and intriguing.

3rd: Ragamuffin
Interesting concept, and I can see that you favored fitting it to the fey, but there are far too many abilities all adding up. Were I not used to making and reading big walls of text I may have had trouble. Also even in the end I'm not sure they're quite as strong as they should be...

Burnheart
2011-06-18, 05:49 PM
1st: Stylist
2nd: Fabricator
3rd: The Red shirt Cloak :smallbiggrin:

ExemplarofAvg
2011-06-22, 09:55 PM
#1 Stylist (3-Points)
I love the theme of the class. It covers major Dress Up elements.
I am definetely considering a Breezy Stylist "fashioned" after Marilyn Monroe (maybe with Goth as well, for some Mariln Manson, ooh, Marilyn of the Dread Wind)

#2 Ragamuffin (2-Points)
I half-expected to see a Bugbear with panties on his head, but this is good too. I like this class, it has all sorts of neat abilites, possibly to many to choose from for my taste. It would also be the only time I'd agree with the wearing of a Girdle.

#3 Fabricator (1-Point)
STEAM-PUNK, I might as well join the chorus, right?
It's amzaing I love the look of this build, and the fact you get both a Companion and a Familair. I only had two minor issues with the class, where does it all come from? Those are some awesome items but I feel without the build it yourself element (that could be "borrowed" from an artificer) it's too much like "Oh I leveled up, Hey look a Bazooka!" granted fluff could mean it's been tinkering with these forever and then finally getting them working. The second is I can't help feeling that becoming a "Living Construct" or a "Construct" would be more appropriate for the class. All that would't stop me from playing one though, Bazooka from Hammerspace, is a go.

Honourable Mentions
(Participation Points, No one loses)
Red Cloak: It's EZIO!
Stitch Witch: Reminds me of something that I can't put my finger on.
Cloak Controller: Hmm, something about Minotaurs, lol.
Resplendent Mistress of Ribbons: Love the concept just seems to have too much. Nice name though.

Sorry for the reasoning and Logic, I'm one to make my thoughts known.

Morph Bark
2011-06-23, 03:46 AM
Votes tallied!

That was encouraged in the first place. :smallsmile:

Temotei
2011-06-23, 08:31 AM

This is my favorite kind of voting post, actually. Keep 'em coming if you continue to vote. :smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2011-06-29, 07:06 PM
We enter the final voting day! Any points left to be pulled in?

I for one will enter my votes at the final count, having gone over them one by one in the past few days.

EDIT: That reminds me though. Temotei, aside from breaking ties in a vote, have you done voting in the last few BCCs you hosted?

Temotei
2011-06-30, 02:44 AM
We enter the final voting day! Any points left to be pulled in?

I for one will enter my votes at the final count, having gone over them one by one in the past few days.

EDIT: That reminds me though. Temotei, aside from breaking ties in a vote, have you done voting in the last few BCCs you hosted?

I have not. We've not needed a tiebreaker, so I haven't voted since before I was the so-called host.

Morph Bark
2011-06-30, 08:33 PM
Will close the poll in the morning. In the meantime, unless anybody objects, I'm adding my votes on these:

1st: The Fabricator, a nice mesh of mechanics and flavour, tended carefully for a balance.

2nd: The Stitch Witch, of which I greatly enjoy the unique mechanics and the uses of Weaves and the like, making it a great fifth wheel in a party.

3rd: The Ragamuffin, I like how it is in a way a new sort of take on Incarnum, but clothing-based and you have to be wearing something already. That, and you're a fey-power imbued hobo. (Even though the latter bit is part of most PC stories either way.)

Morph Bark
2011-07-01, 12:48 PM
Contest Over

Winners:

1st place: Cipherthe3vil's Stylist

2nd place: The WitchKing's Fabricator

3rd place: dragonjek's Raggamuffin

See you next contest!