-Necromancy
-Deathbound
Feats:
F:Extra Turning
F:Chain Spell
1:DMM(chain)
3.Extra Turning
Items:
Ruby Skull of Wee Jas(350gp, only needed to do this at level 5)
Needs access to huge sized corpses, freshly slain.
A large supply of black onyx.

Trick: Since normally, HD is capped for how many undead you can control, reading Command Undead got me thinking. That's the only undead related spell I know of that doesn't specify HD. Combine that with Bloodhulks and Chain spell, and you've got an army that's as big as you can afford it to be, yielding at least 378 bloodhulks under your control(3+Cha+2*4 turning attempts allows for at least 3 chained command undeads, and for necromancy spells, his CL is 7, saving one day as a 'spare' so that he doesn't have to worry about the spells running out as he's recasting them).

TLDR: I've got an ECL 5 cleric who can have over 378 CR 8 minions under his control. Pretty cool, eh?

Big Fau
2011-06-15, 05:09 PM
There's a feat in CM that lets you command undead without them counting against your HD limit, but they become wild after a few days. The trick is to abuse Destructive Retribution, and turn your Bloodhulks into Super Boomers.

Godskook
2011-06-15, 05:17 PM
There's a feat in CM that lets you command undead without them counting against your HD limit, but they become wild after a few days. The trick is to abuse Destructive Retribution, and turn your Bloodhulks into Super Boomers.

1.With 378+ minions already, spending a whole feat to get 1 additional minion doesn't seem worth it.

2.I would've included the entire corspe crafter chain, except I was aiming for minimum ECL for accomplishing the trick. A higher level build would forgo DMM, buy a MM-Rod, and take all 6 of the good corpse crafter feats(the turning resistance one doesn't really help here).

ExemplarofAvg
2011-06-16, 06:38 AM

Banelings, *Nods*