PDA

View Full Version : the psychic sandwich

TheThan
2011-06-15, 05:23 PM
OK i recall a 3.5 Psionics trick to that allows you to turn yourself into a sandwich. I don't recall what this trick is, and my knowledge of Psionics is not all that great. so i'm asking for a bit of help here.

what exactly was the trick? can it be applied to say a book (wizard's spellbook specifically)? thanks for the info

Urpriest
2011-06-15, 05:33 PM
There are a few variants, I believe the most basic involved using Polymorph Any Object to turn someone into a sandwich and then True Mind Switch to permanently switch your mind into the sandwich. More sophisticated variants followed later. They should all work with a spellbook, though perhaps not a preexisting one.

Edit: Just occurred to me I got the order wrong. You use Polymorph Any Object to turn the sandwich into a creature, making it a valid target for True Mind Switch. So yes, definitely would work with a spellbook.

TheThan
2011-06-15, 05:38 PM
Ahh hah. thanks for the info.

Gardener
2011-06-15, 05:53 PM
Yeah, the basic idea is a non-permanent Polymorph Any Object and Mind Switch effects. You can lower the required level and XP cost quite a bit by using Astral Seed and Mind Switch (destroying the Astral Seed makes an ordinary Mind Switch permanent) but that method involves killing yourself and losing a level for that.

The rules are also really unclear on what happens when your mind is in an object. It's an entirely valid interpretation of the rules to say that you can no longer take actions or influence anything. The more interesting interpretation is that you can take only mental actions, and probably have no functioning senses, but that can all be worked around, since you're a high-level telepath.

Heatwizard
2011-06-15, 09:20 PM
can it be applied to say a book (wizard's spellbook specifically)?

If you haven't played Nier, you should look into it. Grimoire Weiss has a lot of good lines you could steal draw inspiration from.

TroubleBrewing
2011-06-15, 09:24 PM
Here's a link of Doc's dirty tricks. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137447)

The sandwich is among them.