PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on a Barbarian feat

King Atticus
2011-06-15, 06:42 PM
So just for clarification purposes (in my mind):

Could you take both Blazing Berserker and Frozen Berserker Feats and obtain both cold and fire subtypes while in a rage? Do you still get immunity to both?

Cheap...yes, of course it is. But is it possible?

Lateral
2011-06-15, 06:44 PM
Yup, people do it all the time. It's all the rage.

Edit:

...*groan*

Zaq
2011-06-15, 06:54 PM
So just for clarification purposes (in my mind):

Could you take both Blazing Berserker and Frozen Berserker Feats and obtain both cold and fire subtypes while in a rage? Do you still get immunity to both?

Cheap...yes, of course it is. But is it possible?

You're using two feats. That is anything but cheap. A level 20 character (ok, 18) gets seven feats by default. That is not a large number. Sure, you'll probably pick up a few bonus feats here and there, but really? Two feats is a pretty impressively large cost.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-06-15, 07:03 PM
You're using two feats. That is anything but cheap. A level 20 character (ok, 18) gets seven feats by default. That is not a large number. Sure, you'll probably pick up a few bonus feats here and there, but really? Two feats is a pretty impressively large cost.

That said, via multiclassing, the ice feat leads you into the sexy, sexy Frostrager PrC. There was a recent thread about doing so with a Barbarian/Monk multiclass, heading for Fist of the Forest, Bear Warrior, and Warshaper.

Greenish
2011-06-15, 07:11 PM
That said, via multiclassing, the ice feat leads you into the sexy, sexy Frostrager PrC. There was a recent thread about doing so with a Barbarian/Monk multiclass, heading for Fist of the Forest, Bear Warrior, and Warshaper.Why monk? You'd enter earlier with straight barb or, say, barb/fighter.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-06-15, 07:34 PM
Why monk? You'd enter earlier with straight barb or, say, barb/fighter.

Mostly because I was still thinking about the earlier thread where monk was used with one of the variant schools to grab I think either improved trip or power attack. That and how it meshed well with FotF and Frostrager in regards to unarmed strikes.

Greenish
2011-06-15, 07:39 PM
Mostly because I was still thinking about the earlier thread where monk was used with one of the variant schools to grab I think either improved trip or power attack. That and how it meshed well with FotF and Frostrager in regards to unarmed strikes.You can use barbarian to pick up Imp. Trip.

Also, monk, FotF and Frostrager don't "mesh", they "make a mess". You'd need 4 levels of monk to get benefits greater than normal from FotF, and Frostrager as written really doesn't interact with either.