PDA

View Full Version : Which PF Adventure Path?

acid_ninja
2011-06-15, 07:46 PM
So I'm running a game for some new players and want to run an adventure path.

I'm a busy guy so I don't want to have to bother converting one from 3.5 to PF (I know there aren't that many differences, but I want it to feel distinct from 3.5 so those are important differences) which leaves me with:

Council of Thieves

Kingmaker

Serpent's Skull

Carrion Crown

Kingmaker is out since it involves learning a new rule system which I don't want to heap on new players (plus I may be playing in it soon and don't want to ruin the fun).

Given the other choices, which one do you like and why?

Lateral
2011-06-15, 08:17 PM
I haven't actually played any of them, but I've heard good things about Carrion Crown.

Lastgrasp
2011-06-16, 07:36 AM
Currently running the Carrion Crown Adventure path and it is quite good. Finished the haunting of harrowstone and currently on the Trial of the Beast. Harrowstone has a nice flavor to it and requires some good investigation/role-play skills in the beginning half so that might entice new players who don't want to rush right into combat.

panaikhan
2011-06-16, 07:41 AM
Our group will be starting Serpent's Skull next month (when some of our group come back from their holidays)
From what I can see, it has a good starting premise (PC's are passengers on a ship, which sinks).

DiBastet
2011-06-16, 08:10 AM
I enjoy serpent's skull. However, none is exactly as awesome as the previous ones. Forcity-base the throne is better, for sheer epicness legacy of fire is better and for generic adventure runelords is better, so...

The Gilded Duke
2011-06-16, 08:35 AM
Kingmaker is pretty thoroughly amazing. The kingdom stuff can be a lot of bookkeeping though, some players are really into it, some are not.