PDA

View Full Version : [Races of Stone/ToB] Axe Focus and Warblade's Weapon Aptitude

Caliphbubba
2011-06-16, 10:20 AM
Greetings playgrounders!

I'm attempting to re-build an old character of mine from the ground up, while trying to preserve some of the original "Flavor". I've decided that I will probably be a Warblade of some sort, and I was looking at possible dips. I came across the Dwarf Fighter Sub level that gives Axe Focus, which for all intents and purposes functions as Weapon Focus for a laundry list of Axe-type weapons.

Naturally I wondered how this might interact with the Warblade's Weapon Aptitude ability.

At first blush, I'm inclineded to say that it would work, but I'm want to know what the rest of the playground thinks.

Sir Swindle89
2011-06-16, 10:25 AM
if all it does is give wepon focus with a bunch of axes then it's sort of pointless ofr a warblade to get since he could just get wepon focus.

Most people here are probably gonna say it works. I'd say it doesn't because it specifies what you get bonuses with so it's not a "picka wepon" feat.

Caliphbubba
2011-06-16, 10:36 AM
I suppose it is sort of useless for a Warblade.

I guess because I was thinking of how this character would develope organically, because I have played it and am getting the chance to re-do it the Axe-Focus seemed to make more sense in my head.