PDA

View Full Version : [PF] themed inquisitor build help

Erloas
2011-06-16, 11:22 AM
I don't play much so I've got a lot to go through.
First, I'm not looking to change any of the base ideas of the character, I just want to make the best use out the theme I have.
We are using a 25 point buy system, and we are starting at level 3, though we are stuck with a very low amount of gold (GM scaled up the level at my request so that classes actually start to differentiate themselves but isn't allowing us magic items or even that much in starting mundane gear).

The theme is that I'm an Inquisitor of Desna and travel a lot, and in my travels I made some mistakes with the primary religion of another country so I have sort of gone Heretic. Mostly hiding from the other religion, not a heretic of my own. As such my method of hiding was to hide out in the open, not to sneak around like some rogue (after all, everyone is on the lookout for rogues and people sneaking about draw attention to themselves even if they don't have anything to hide). So I am pretending to be a cavalier. I choose to pretend to be a cavalier because they are more leader like so my diplomacy and charm won't seem out of place and I can pass off my judgments as challenges. And by following the Order of the Star, also for Desna, I can keep my religious inclinations without seeming out of place.

Its not really going to be possible to keep everything hidden from the other players for long, but the main goal is to look the part to the rest of the world.
So I'm going to wear medium armor, put a decent amount into ride, and use more mounted seeming weapons, either a spear or longspear and a morningstar.
At this point I'm not intending to multiclass, maybe in a level or two I might actually pick up some cavalier levels.

str 14
dex 14
con 13
int 14
wis 16
cha 12

(just my training)
Bluff 3
Diplomacy 3
Disguise 2
Knowledge (arcana) 1
Knowledge (local) 1 (got as a class skill from the campaign trait)
Knowledge (nature) 1
Knowledge (religion) 2
Perception 3
Profession (tailor) 1 (figure it fits in with the disguise nature of the character)
Ride 2
Sense Motive 3
Spellcraft 1
Stealth 3
Survival 3
Armor I was thinking the Armored Coat (though maybe getting the brigandine once I get a chance) mostly for the weight because I don't have a lot of weight to work with (though I'll see more once I get the rest of the equipment picked out)

Picked the Travel Domain and thinking about possible the Exploration or the Trade subdomain.

I've got the Heretic archetype of the Inquisitor.

I still need one more trait (wanting to keep with the traveling, religious, or deceitfulness aspects of the character, but not necessarily)
I still need all of the feats picked out (only 3 at this point (and a teamwork, but the srd implies I can change that feat easily) but I have the future to consider)
I can change the stat points around but I don't want to dump int or cha, as I think at least decent stats there are important to the idea of the character.
I'm not really sure which spells to pick out yet.
I can change the skills around, just want to fit the theme of the character.
I'm not set on the armor or the weapon choices yet. I like the idea of the reach on the longspear, but I haven't used any reach weapons yet and I'm not sure how they really work out.

I need the feats and equipment to at least kind of pass off as a cavalier, so up front and leading, not hiding in the back, and not using some dinky dagger.

Mojo_Rat
2011-06-16, 11:41 AM
if you cam afford it I would suggest going for the agile breastplate. it reduces some axp Penalties, but if your dm is skimping on gold it may befoo much. really the easiest way to fake being a cavalier is get mounted combat and irited charge.

but beyond that get yourself a banner, a coat of arms and just pla the part. if you want it more I'n depth there is a cava
ire order associated with religion order of the star I think. that might help your disguise.