PDA

View Full Version : If you can rage, can you rage in wild shape?

Zook Murning
2011-06-16, 01:28 PM
I am currently designing a druid and I am considering using a variant rule in Unearthed Arcana, which makes him lose his animal companion, and spontaneous summoning, but gains fast movement and rage as a barbarian. So will I be able to wildshape into a Bear lets say and use my rage at the same time? Also I have been thinking about a Druid/scout character (I found a useful feat in a dragon magazine that lets me stack levels for skirmish and wild shape) but would I be able to use Skirmish while in wild shape?

Hope you can help :smallbiggrin:

Urpriest
2011-06-16, 01:30 PM
Yes. Nothing in the description of rage, wildshape, or skirmish forbids them being used together.

Zook Murning
2011-06-16, 01:32 PM
Awesome thanks :smallbiggrin:

JaronK
2011-06-16, 01:33 PM
Note there's even a class (Bear Warrior) that specifically freaks out and turns into a bear when raging. So it's not just you... the designers like the idea of turning into an angry bear too.

JaronK

Zook Murning
2011-06-16, 01:37 PM
Raging Bear Druid = Bear with a sore head (as in the saying) :smalltongue:

raxies94
2011-06-16, 01:37 PM
I don't see why not. Skirmish should be useable in wildshape as well. The big thing about rage is you won't be able to cast spells while raging, so keep that in mind.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-06-16, 01:47 PM
Raging Bear Druid = Bear with a sore head (as in the saying) :smalltongue:

Let's be careful, now. We're getting dangerously close to bear puns, and I bearly stand it last time.

boj0
2011-06-16, 03:00 PM
1.Pick up levels of Frenzied Berserker
2.Summon your bear army
3.wild shape into a bear
4.inspire frenzy
5.????
6.profit!
/horrible advice

Seriously though, look into Bear Warrior for some angry bear synergy

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-06-16, 03:40 PM
Check my posts of Person_Man's bearswarm raging bear riding raging bear etc etc threa

Zook Murning
2011-06-16, 03:44 PM
Awesome dudes :smallbiggrin: I have lots of ideas now, their flowing out of my head, I still keep my feats right?

Urpriest
2011-06-16, 03:52 PM
Awesome dudes :smallbiggrin: I have lots of ideas now, their flowing out of my head, I still keep my feats right?

All the ones you still qualify for, yes.

Zook Murning
2011-06-16, 04:05 PM
Bravd the Bearlord, given powers by Nature to rise up and crush the puny City Dwellers with his raging hoard of monsterous bears.

I like it, thanks for all the help guys, I'm beginning the generation right now :smallamused:

Yorae
2011-06-16, 04:47 PM
1.Pick up levels of Frenzied Berserker
2.Summon your bear army
3.wild shape into a bear
4.inspire frenzy
5.????
6.profit!
/horrible advice

Seriously though, look into Bear Warrior for some angry bear synergy

7. GLORIOUS RAGING BEARY VICTORY
8. Devoured by still-frenzied bears while basking in your glory

This must be the most manly way to die ever.

Flickerdart
2011-06-16, 04:50 PM
There's an item in MIC that gives you a kind of rage, if you want to buff multiple minions. I think it was bloodrage gauntlets or something: +5 to attack (or damage?) while in a bloodrage but lose 5 HP every turn. It costs 2200gp or something like that, so it won't break the bank.

Urpriest
2011-06-16, 05:01 PM
7. GLORIOUS RAGING BEARY VICTORY
8. Devoured by still-frenzied bears while basking in your glory

This must be the most manly way to die ever.

It's like Orpheus, but with bears!

Veyr
2011-06-16, 07:55 PM
There's an item in MIC that gives you a kind of rage, if you want to buff multiple minions. I think it was bloodrage gauntlets or something: +5 to attack (or damage?) while in a bloodrage but lose 5 HP every turn. It costs 2200gp or something like that, so it won't break the bank.
The Gutworm symbiont from Fiend Folio can give you Rage for free, if you can find one.

faceroll
2011-06-16, 08:06 PM
Let's be careful, now. We're getting dangerously close to bear puns, and I bearly stand it last time.

Yes, it was quite ursinine.