PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Galaxy 2 and the 242nd Star

Starwulf
2011-06-16, 02:27 PM
How do you get it to appear? I can't get any of my google searches to load, so I come here to ask of my fellow Playgrounders. I had read one page that said we needed all comet medals, 241 stars, and 9,999 Star bits. Well, we grinded out the 9,999 star bits, and obviously we already had the stars and all the comet medals(yes, including the one in the Grandmaster Galaxy), and still the comet hasn't appeared over the grandmaster galaxy. What are we missing? Really want to complete this game and move on to a different game with my wife.

Starwulf
2011-06-16, 11:05 PM
So, no-one knows how to get the comet to appear over the Grandmaster Galaxy? :-(. Really want to complete this game once and for all. Lol, my wife keeps asking if anyones posted here yet ^^ *Curses google for not wanting to load*

Gourtox
2011-06-16, 11:24 PM
Here's what I got from a Google search.

Grandmaster Galaxy Comet, "The Perfect Run" Submitted by IGN Guides Near the level list signpost on the main platform of Starship Mario is a Toad Banker who will store your star bits so other save profiles can use them. If you deposit 9999 star bits into the Toad Bank and you'll unlock the Grandmaster Galaxy (Daredevil) Comet, "The Perfect Run". You will NOT be notified or shown the Comet arriving at the galaxy. Just go there and play it!

Spartacus
2011-06-16, 11:25 PM
Google tells me that you must give 9999 Star Bits to the Bank Toad. This is all I know.

EDIT: Holy ninja, Batman!

Starwulf
2011-06-16, 11:34 PM
woot! thank you :) now me and my wife can finish this damn thing for good :)

Gourtox
2011-06-16, 11:36 PM
Google tells me that you must give 9999 Star Bits to the Bank Toad. This is all I know.

EDIT: Holy ninja, Batman!

My ninja skills are set on full today.

Starwulf
2011-06-17, 12:23 AM
So, thanks for the information. unfortunately, I won't be completing this after-all. LOL. there is no way I'm going to have the patience to complete the entire final galaxy on one hit point without even the courtesy of a freaking save flag halfway through >< I mean, sure, if we spent another dozen hours and 200+ men, I'm sure we'd eventually get it done, but I think I'll be satisfied with 241 stars :)

Chess435
2011-06-18, 09:33 PM
So, thanks for the information. unfortunately, I won't be completing this after-all. LOL. there is no way I'm going to have the patience to complete the entire final galaxy on one hit point without even the courtesy of a freaking save flag halfway through >< I mean, sure, if we spent another dozen hours and 200+ men, I'm sure we'd eventually get it done, but I think I'll be satisfied with 241 stars :)

Ah, it looks like I've come to the right place. Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that the Perfect Run is Platform Hell. However, it is really satisfying if you can pull it off. It took me about 100 lives to make it to the end, and I learned a few tricks along the way.

1. On the area with the laser walls, if you go straight up from the beginning, you can find a 1-up mushroom. Useful if you don't want to see that game over screen as often.

2. With some practice, you can actually save some clouds from that area, all 3 if you do it right. They're a really big help in the next area to avoid the lasers of doom. Or you can do what I did and save all 3 to the last area, skipping most of the hammer bros altogether.

3. A second player is a BIG help in the last area, especially if you just give him/her time to pick of the enemies from a distance.

Hope that helps!

Starwulf
2011-06-19, 03:12 PM
Ah, it looks like I've come to the right place. Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that the Perfect Run is Platform Hell. However, it is really satisfying if you can pull it off. It took me about 100 lives to make it to the end, and I learned a few tricks along the way.

1. On the area with the laser walls, if you go straight up from the beginning, you can find a 1-up mushroom. Useful if you don't want to see that game over screen as often.

2. With some practice, you can actually save some clouds from that area, all 3 if you do it right. They're a really big help in the next area to avoid the lasers of doom. Or you can do what I did and save all 3 to the last area, skipping most of the hammer bros altogether.

3. A second player is a BIG help in the last area, especially if you just give him/her time to pick of the enemies from a distance.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tip, I'll probably grab our second controller and end up doing that, seems like it could be a huge help. Would you believe we've never used the second controller trick the entire time we played through? We both have our strengths so we would just switch back and forth on various levels. ^^

Chess435
2011-06-30, 01:19 PM
Any luck yet?