PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: A monster question.

Trinoya
2011-06-16, 05:04 PM
I was recently reading through the pathfinder bestiary and came upon Doppelganger. Seemed like a simple enough read until I got to a line of dialogue that said the following:

"Rumors persist of even more powerful doppelgangers capable of not only shifting their appearance, but also skills, memories, and even the extraordinary and supernatural abilities of creatures whose forms they choose to mimic. These doppelgangers' change shape ability functions like the spell polymorph rather than alter self."

Naturally I was curious to see if stats actually existed for the more powerful variant, or even for the advancement of a normal doppelganger to that level of power. Alas, I have come up empty in my search.

So the question: Does anyone know where a ruling for this could be or associated rules for advancement of that ability... I looked through monster advancement and didn't see anything there that dealt with this specifically and was curious to see if there was anything, would be really great to know the CR increase for it.