PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a crusader//warlock gestalt?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-06-16, 06:59 PM
My girlfriend is DMing a gestalt solo game for me as her first DMing experience, and originally I was going to play a crusader//bard. That was until I mentioned the idea of a eldritch glaive wielding crusader to her, so now she seems quite taken with that idea, and I like it too.

Basically, the original story was that my character has been the plaything of some fey court for centuries, and has now returned to a world not like the one he left. With a warlock instead of a bard, little changes.

I will ask though, what suggestions does the playground have for feats to take, items to buy, invocations and maneuvers to invest in?

Starting level is 4th, and my girlfriend is controlling a DMPC bard//druid now. (suggestions for that build welcome too)

Fax Celestis
2011-06-16, 07:16 PM
The biggest issue is that eldritch glaive isn't usable with non-boost maneuvers, as it has its own action type. You also don't have very solid stat synergy or ability foci.

CodeRed
2011-06-16, 07:21 PM
Eldritch Claws. Glaive is much worse especially if you try to do anything with weapons and the like as the Glaive NEVER counts as a weapon for ANYTHING. The Eldritch Claws however, give you two claw attacks which count as you being armed so awesome things like Crusader maneuvers can be used with them. True_Shinken, a user of these forums, has written a most excellent guide for melee locks: Shinken's Guide to Melee Warlocks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159708)

I would strongly advise reading that thread.