PDA

View Full Version : Free Nook book suggestions?

DoomITP
2011-06-16, 09:00 PM
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knows of good books that are available for free on the nook. I would be really happy if you gave me some suggestions. :smallsmile:

snoopy13a
2011-06-16, 10:49 PM
I think you can get the public domain classics for free. As for current free books, I haven't tried any. I suppose I think that if they are giving it away, it can't be very good.

Semidi
2011-06-16, 10:54 PM
Here's the top 100 from project Gutenberg.

http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/scores/top#books-last30

What you're mostly going to get is public domain classics. I'll mention the ones I've read and I think are worth reading (I'm just skimming).

Alice in Wonderland, Art of War, The Time Machine, Picture of Dorian Gray, Frankenstein, Walden, Anna Karenina, Heart of Darkness, The Trial, adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

There's probably more, but I'm lazy. Also, there's far more worthwhile public domain books out there that I haven't mentioned. Also, fair warning some authors (Kafka, Nietzsche, etc) don't translate well and it's hard to find good translations.

Though if I had to list some of my favorite public domain books they'd be The Brothers Karamazov, Alice in Wonderland, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Dracula, The Jungle, The Invisible Man, Paradise Lost, and anythingbyKafka. There's more, again pleading laziness.