PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bit of overkill?

NekoJoker
2011-06-16, 09:20 PM
I know that certain PrCs are not supposed to be adapted to different types of Casters. But I can't help but to think... If I get to refluff the Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil to be a Divine Caster the resulting character would be si beat to play

I ask... transplanting the arcane PrC intoa Divine PrC... is it somehow Overkill? Is it alright? is it a waste of time?

What are your thoughs?

Tyndmyr
2011-06-17, 05:51 AM
There is no overkill. There is only Open Fire and Reload.

myancey
2011-06-17, 02:29 PM
Yeah, just go with it. You could probably break the crud out of it if you tried hard enough--but there is always a way around something.

FMArthur
2011-06-17, 02:40 PM
Initiate of the Seven Fold Veil is ridiculous defensive overkill on even the least defensively-built character. Not that it gets any worse or better as a divine prestige class, but it's a bit too powerful to open up its options even more IMO.

artstsym
2011-06-17, 06:15 PM
There is no overkill. There is only Open Fire and Reload. Sounds like someone's been troubleshooting recently...

Fox Box Socks
2011-06-17, 06:41 PM
So, it would be like a regular Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil, only with Divine Metamagic and in armor.

You're joking, right?

myancey
2011-06-17, 06:58 PM
So, it would be like a regular Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil, only with Divine Metamagic and in armor.

You're joking, right?

Wait..don't mention those things. I'd like to see the thread posted some days from now detailing the encounter and how horribly broken it was. :smallbiggrin:

Etrivar
2011-06-17, 07:03 PM
You're joking, right?

Of course he is; he has the word "Joker" in his name. Duh! :smalltongue:

Asheram
2011-06-17, 07:18 PM
I have seen the future. The PC's gazed upon you with admiration, fear and envy while the DM cried bitter tears.

Your lucky colour is Green.

Your lucky number is 4

Beware of former friends carrying books; they seek to harm you.

Etrivar
2011-06-17, 07:34 PM
I have seen the future. The PC's gazed upon you with admiration, fear and envy while the DM cried bitter tears.

Your lucky colour is Green.

Your lucky number is 4

Beware of former friends carrying books; they seek to harm you.

This. This made me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. Thank you.

Asheram
2011-06-17, 07:41 PM
This. This made me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. Thank you.

:smalltongue: You're most welcome.