PDA

View Full Version : [d20] Ultimate Feats (Book)

Deth Muncher
2011-06-17, 03:55 AM
So, has anyone else read through this (http://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=11612)? I'm seriously considering not only allowing this, but heavily using this in the campaign I'm running right now. The jank-ton of feats in here are, for the most part, fairly fluffy in addition to just being interesting and...well, good! I'm making it through the Arcane feats right now, and there's feats in here for things I'd always wished that my characters could have done - absorb spells, be able to cast spells better but with a backlash component, etc. It's really neat. Does anyone else here use it?

EDIT: I don't exactly know when it came out in reference to 3.0/3.5, but it seems to have bits applicable to d20 Modern as well.

Big Fau
2011-06-17, 04:10 AM
As a 3rd Party book, it's utter garbage. The feats are all over the place. I'm not kidding; there's a feat that makes it so anyone you Sneak Attack has to Save or Die (or was it no save? I forget) and another feat that makes Agile look good by comparison.

Thurbane
2011-06-17, 04:14 AM
You'll probably find a similarly balanced grab bag of OGL feats for free at the NBoF: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/The_Netbook_of_Feats_Version_12.4_of_the_Netbook_o f_Feats

Hirax
2011-06-17, 04:22 AM
I've seen that book before, if you allow it I'd be very selective. Some of its feats are stupidly broken. I've lost touch with the person I knew that had it, but a couple glaringly bad ones that I remember:

The Mountain Does Not Move: make a fortitude save (or was it will?), DC = damage dealt. If you succeed, the damage is negated and you take 1 point of wisdom damage.
Combat instincts: if an enemy attacks you and misses your AC by 5 or more you get an attack against them that doesn't count as an AoO.

I might not be remembering them entirely correctly, but there are others in there that are as bad or worse than what I just described.

Deth Muncher
2011-06-17, 04:25 AM
You'll probably find a similarly balanced grab bag of OGL feats for free at the NBoF: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/The_Netbook_of_Feats_Version_12.4_of_the_Netbook_o f_Feats

Holy McJebus! It'd take weeks to get through all that!

I've seen that book before, if you allow it I'd be very selective. Some of its feats are stupidly broken. I've lost touch with the person I knew that had it, but a couple glaringly bad ones that I remember:

The Mountain Does Not Move: make a fortitude save (or was it will?), DC = damage dealt. If you succeed, the damage is negated and you take 1 point of wisdom damage.
Combat instincts: if an enemy attacks you and misses your AC by 5 or more you get an attack against them that doesn't count as an AoO.

I might not be remembering them entirely correctly, but there are others in there that are as bad or worse than what I just described.

Those ARE silly. Very, very silly.

EDIT: How did I miss this?

As a 3rd Party book, it's utter garbage. The feats are all over the place. I'm not kidding; there's a feat that makes it so anyone you Sneak Attack has to Save or Die (or was it no save? I forget) and another feat that makes Agile look good by comparison.

Maybe the retarded good feats are balanced by the retarded bad feats, leveling the book to mediocrity? -shrug-

DiBastet
2011-06-17, 01:15 PM
Maybe the retarded good feats are balanced by the retarded bad feats, leveling the book to mediocrity? -shrug-

This if full of win.

Deth Muncher
2011-06-17, 06:36 PM
This if full of win.

I dunno 'bout all that, but whatever sinks your boat pal. :P