PDA

View Full Version : Druid/rogue: wrath of nature

ArjenC
2011-06-17, 10:00 AM
I've been looking to make some sort of druid/rogue multiclass, because nothing spells wrath of nature like a large sneak-attacking pouncing feline jumping out of the undergrowth. I'm wondering of any one you have experience with a character like this, and what you're thoughts are. I'm not actually dead-set on the classes, I could also imagine a wildshape ranger/assassin or something. I do prefer to stick to wildshape and not use polymorph.

Are there any prestige classes which combine sneak attacks and wildshape? There is a wild feat called Savage Grapple in Complete Adeventurer which allows you to use sneak attack while grappling in wildshape; this looks quite useful. Are there other must-haves you know of?

Cog
2011-06-17, 10:10 AM
Daggerspell Shaper (CAdv) comes the closest, I think, but it technically doesn't stack for HD of the forms you get.

Vladislav
2011-06-17, 10:16 AM
What you're looking for is Ranger 5 (Wildshape Variant) / Master of Many Forms 2 / Scout X

By character level 7, you get Large Wildshape (Lion for the win!), and can Pounce. Also, unlike Druid, Ranger is full BAB, so that helps. Take a level of scout, and you can apply Skirmish damage to each attack you make when pouncing. (unlike Sneak attack, Skirmish damage also applies when you lose initiative and fail to surprise your enemy. It can also apply multiple times per encounter, just pounce from one enemy to the next).

Then cap everything with Swift Hunter feat, to have your Ranger levels stack with Scout levels for Skirmish damage. Keep taking either Ranger or Scout levels, maybe 1-2 more levels of MoMF, for better shape options.

ArjenC
2011-06-18, 03:49 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Daggerspell Shaper is ... strangely unfocused. It advances spellcasting and wildshaping by a fair amount, but then you get all these dagger abilities which force you to be in melee, while reducing hp to d6/level. Ranger/Scout/Master of Many Forms seems effective, but I don't really like the fluff of the MoMF. I guess I can refluff it to make it feel more nature-y.
Any suggestions feat-wise?