PDA

View Full Version : Ur-Priest + Gestalt

dragonsamurai77
2011-06-17, 10:50 AM
An Ur-Priest's caster level is his Ur-Priest level plus half his non-Ur-Priest caster levels. How would this interact with caster levels on the opposite side of gestalt?

NamelessNPC
2011-06-17, 10:57 AM
I'd say it only counts levels on its side of the gestalt.

Talya
2011-06-17, 11:03 AM
I'd say it only counts levels on its side of the gestalt.

Meh. You can take a PRC that advances spellcasting on the opposite side of the gestalt from the class that originally had that spellcasting. However, you could not take them on both sides of the PRC at the same time.

For instance, if you had Fighter 10/Divine Oracle 10//Wizard 10/Warblade 10, you could have 20th level wizard spellcasting. However, if you had Fighter 10/Divine Oracle 10//Wizard 20, you would not have Wizard 30 spellcasting. Divine oracle and wizard are advancing the same thing for those last 10 levels, and would overlap rather than stack.

I would argue, that for a build like Fighter 10/Urpriest 10//Sorcerer 20, as a simple example, that your Ur-Priest caster level ends up being 15. 10 of those sorcerer levels on the other side would be taken at the same time as the ten levels of ur-priest, and would not stack. The other 10 would be fine.