PDA

View Full Version : Death Master? [DnD]

Archbow
2011-06-17, 12:31 PM
So my DM and I are pretty tight considering that I've thrown a helping hand with his first DM runthrough, and in return he's allowing me to use a totally OP standard class I found in the Dragon Magazine Compendium. The name of this total destruction class is called Death master, which I so lovingly compare it to a true necromancer.. on crack.

[Images were here yo]

The reason why I come to you, is I'm a little on the fence on which feats to take, and also if there would be any spells worth snatching from the spell compendium. I'm pretty much new to DnD, and I have a couple books on loan around the house, but I felt it would be a better decision to reach outside help considering I'm just now learning the ropes.

Any suggestions?

DogbertLinc
2011-06-17, 12:38 PM
1--> I'm not sure if you CAN post those mages here, and you don't need them anyways, as people know of the death master's existence.

2-->From what I hear, they're not actually overpowered and neither is the True Necromancer, I believe.

3-->Search for the 2 minionmancy threads that weer floating around a couple days back, they might help.

Archbow
2011-06-17, 01:00 PM
1--> I'm not sure if you CAN post those mages here, and you don't need them anyways, as people know of the death master's existence.

2-->From what I hear, they're not actually overpowered and neither is the True Necromancer, I believe.

3-->Search for the 2 minionmancy threads that weer floating around a couple days back, they might help.

I'll look around for them, thanks for the help chief. :)

Coidzor
2011-06-18, 12:26 PM
Here's one that was discussing minionmancy. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203166)

One comparing cleric and death master (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203178)

revised necromancer handbook has good general information here. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872726/Revised_Necromancer_Handbook) Death Masters are a bit between Dread Necromancer, Wizard, and Cleric necromancers, IIRC, so taking a gander at all of the sections there can be of help as well as the general info.

FoIded_Phoenix
2018-02-24, 10:22 AM
I myself am trying to play a death master, although I can't find any real list of death master spells.... can anyone find one because I can't.

FoIded_Phoenix
2018-02-24, 10:28 AM
nvm I found one

LibraryOgre
2018-02-24, 11:46 AM
The Mod Wonder: Since this SEEMS to be in reference to the 3.x class, not the 1e monster, I moved it there. PM me if you meant the 1e monster from Dragon #76, and I'll move it as appropriate. In the future, place edition-specific material in the correct subfolder.

The Viscount
2018-02-25, 10:58 AM
The reason why I come to you, is I'm a little on the fence on which feats to take, and also if there would be any spells worth snatching from the spell compendium.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Death master lacks any ability to expand its spell list beyond what is presented in Dragon Compendium, though the errata does clarify how to learn spells and that you can add from other Death Master spellbooks. Is your DM allowing you to choose spells from the spell compendium to add?

martixy
2018-02-25, 12:16 PM
The Mod Wonder: Since this SEEMS to be in reference to the 3.x class, not the 1e monster, I moved it there. PM me if you meant the 1e monster from Dragon #76, and I'll move it as appropriate. In the future, place edition-specific material in the correct subfolder.

That's one old-a** thread necro so I doubt whoever posted this heard you.

LibraryOgre
2018-03-01, 01:33 PM
That's one old-a** thread necro so I doubt whoever posted this heard you.

So it is. There's a reason we don't get too cranky about Thread necromancy... it happens to everyone.