PDA

View Full Version : Best 3PP Material?

Lastgrasp
2011-06-17, 08:12 PM
What's the best source material from 3PP for the 3.X system? Mainly what crunch isn't totally broken and the sourcebook is well thought out? I know Monte Cook's company produced some decent material. Any suggestions?

peacenlove
2011-06-18, 12:31 AM
Note that my games are in the Tier 2-3 category so I am more relaxed about balance.
Secrets of Pact Magic and Villains of Pact Magic are a recent find to me and they are very well thought out. As a bonus they provide a document to convert to Pathfinder.
Psionics unleashed by dreamscarred press is another good book if you like pathfinder and psionics.
Ravenloft by sword and sorcery is a very nice campaign world for certain styles of play, a darker than normal world.
Green Ronin's books of fiends I and II, Guidebook to drow and the assassin's handbook were prominent in my campaigns in my youth, but as they are 3.0 edition material, they are both behind the power curve and more difficult to convert to pathfinder.

Psyren
2011-06-18, 01:12 AM
My only experience with third-party is psionics. Untapped Potential, Hyperconscious, and Psionics Unleashed are as good as it gets in that regard.

Yora
2011-06-18, 05:53 AM
I think Midnight is a great setting, and I like the crunch, though no idea how balanced it actually is and if it works well together with other material.

Lastgrasp
2011-06-18, 09:34 AM
Anyone mess around with the One-Word AEG Sourcebooks that came out early in the 3.X run? Like Undead, Evil, Dragon, Wilds, Relics, Mercenaries, etc? Also what about the Fantasy Flight Flight Games Hardbacks like Portals & Planes, Spells & Spellcraft, Traps & Treachery, etc?