PDA

View Full Version : Naztharune Rakshasa Character

drgnmstr1990
2011-06-18, 07:23 AM
I'm playing a new campaign and I chose to play a Naztharune Rakshasa. It has a +5 lvl adj so I split all of the bonus's over 20 lvls making him a little less OP at the start of the campaign.

I've decided to have him be wizard5/cleric5/Lord of the dead10 but unfortunately, I can only cast spells up to lvl 7, only being 13 casterlvl on both cleric and wizard.

I'm trying to find a way to get another 4 caster lvls on my cleric lvls so I can cast lvl 9 divine spells.

I'd rather stay with feats if at all possible but I'll use items if I have to.

I've tried Practiced Spellcaster but that doesn't add spells known and such.

Any help would be very appreciated and wanted.

Yora
2011-06-18, 07:30 AM
Naztharune Rakshasa have also 11 Hit Dice, which means the lowest level they can normally have is 16th. It seems you missed that with your character planning.

drgnmstr1990
2011-06-18, 08:24 AM
I have actually made a special 20 lvl Rakshasa class for my characters stats that the DM is letting me dual class at the same time as my normal classes. I only gain an extra HD at 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20. Same with their Spell Resis, BAB, Will, Ref, Fort saves and their Special Qualities.

Akal Saris
2011-06-18, 01:22 PM
Could you use a fast advancement class like ur-priest or divine crusader?

drgnmstr1990
2011-06-18, 07:32 PM
I like both of the prestige classes, they're pretty close to what I'm looking for but the Ur-Priest doesn't learn domain spells which is what I'm wanting, and while the Divine Crusader can learn domain spells, they can only learn domain spells. Is there any that combine the 2?

Urpriest
2011-06-18, 07:35 PM
I like both of the prestige classes, they're pretty close to what I'm looking for but the Ur-Priest doesn't learn domain spells which is what I'm wanting, and while the Divine Crusader can learn domain spells, they can only learn domain spells. Is there any that combine the 2?

An Ur-Priest can be a Contemplative or the like, gaining a domain or so that way.

drgnmstr1990
2011-06-18, 08:07 PM
It says I need to have 13 ranks in knowledge religion which is no problem, but is there a way I can have 13 ranks before lvl 10? Like have 13 ranks at lvl 9?

Edit:

I had a thought, if I did 4 lvls of Ur-Priest, which gives me access to 4th lvl divine spells and then took 1 lvl of cleric which then gives me 2 domains of my deities, after I've taken my wizard lvls and then continue onto my Lord of the Dead PrC, since I have 2 dinvine class I would choose to advance my Ur-priest to have access to lvl 9 divine magic, would the domain spells from my deity continue on since I can cast lvl 9 divine skills?

Long, round-about way but if it works I'll be happy.

Urpriest
2011-06-18, 08:35 PM
It says I need to have 13 ranks in knowledge religion which is no problem, but is there a way I can have 13 ranks before lvl 10? Like have 13 ranks at lvl 9?

With less cheese: two feats: Primary Contact and Favored from Cityscape. If you take Primary Contact at level 9 then you can have those 13 ranks at level 9, since for that level only it lets you break the cap by one.

With extreme cheese: find a way to get additional hit dice (polymorphing into a dusk giant, inspire greatness from a bard) then use Psychic Reformation to rearrange your skill points according to your temporary, higher total. Even when you lose the hit dice your skill points don't move around.

Other than that, no.

drgnmstr1990
2011-06-20, 02:26 AM
I was searching for feats to fill in the other slots I will learn and I came across a nifty little General Feat called 'Learning Mastery'.

Now, what it does, and this is a direct quote from the book:

Learning Mastery (General)
You can increase your maximum ranks allowable by 1 rank.

Benefit: You can raise your skill point limit by one point (I.E. class level +4)

Normal: You are limited to your level +3 for the number of ranks you may have in a skill.

Special: You do not gain any skill points from the feat, you only get to increase you(r) maximum limit. This affects both class and cross-class skills (cross-class skills are still based on 1/2 your mas class skill ranks). This feat can only be taken once.

Now, if I'm understanding this right, not only can I have 13 ranks in a skill at lvl 9, but in all skills since I have 4+character level=Max Rank instead of 3+character level=Max Rank like normal.

Now I don't mean to be an ass or the like, but I think I found an "other then that, no" exception. I loved your help Ur-priest and I don't want to make you mad, but I found an exception and it uses 1 less feat slot and you don't have to be part of an Organization, Guild, or a church.

If anyone wants to check my quote, I found this awesome little feat in the "Ultimate Feats" book.

Urpriest
2011-06-20, 11:29 AM
Now I don't mean to be an ass or the like, but I think I found an "other then that, no" exception. I loved your help Ur-priest and I don't want to make you mad, but I found an exception and it uses 1 less feat slot and you don't have to be part of an Organization, Guild, or a church.

If anyone wants to check my quote, I found this awesome little feat in the "Ultimate Feats" book.

To be clear, I meant that there weren't any other solutions in WotC-published works. Obviously if you allow 3rd party material and/or homebrew then you can solve essentially any problem with enough looking and/or creating.

drgnmstr1990
2011-06-21, 03:27 AM
Ah, should have been more clear. Sorry Ur.