PDA

View Full Version : Alignment Descriptors for Spell-like Abilities?

kardar233
2011-06-18, 05:41 PM
I have a Lawful Evil Aasimar character, and I'm considering putting him through the Half-Celestial Transition Class. This would give him several Spell-like Abilities with the [Good] descriptor. Can he still cast these?

Shadowknight12
2011-06-18, 05:43 PM
Yes. They're not divine spells, so he can cast them with no problem. Depending on your DM, however, they might force your character towards goodness. If he rules that repeated use of Animate Dead turns people Evil, for example, repeated use of spells or spell-like abilities with the [Good] descriptor would turn your character Good.

kardar233
2011-06-18, 05:50 PM
It's going to take more than a few Spell-like Abilities to turn a guy who wears a coat made from human hide and fingerbones Good, methinks.

Interesting to know however. Does mean that I can't really use Holy Word without banishing myself to the Higher Planes. That could be kind of funny.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-18, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. Don't underestimate the DM's power, for you are mortal and your tears taste like nectar. :smalltongue:

You are a native Outsider. You do not get banished anywhere. Unless you're in another plane, in which case you get banished to the Material Plane.