PDA

View Full Version : Premade Moduals/Adventures 1-20?

LaughingRogue
2011-06-19, 12:14 AM
So me and my group have been playing together for quite a while (about 6 years). We have recently gotten into (the last 2 years) ... We finished "Shackled City" and are currently level 16 in "The Age of Worms" and will be playing "Savage Tide" after. My question is after we are done with Savage tide what are some good(if there are any) 1-20 adventures that are similar (but obviously not the same plots) as these?

Preferably Greyhawk(preferred but not actually needed) as we know and enjoy the abundance of lore that comes from this setting,

Hoping for a nice discussion,

Laughing Rogue

Chess435
2011-06-19, 12:26 AM
There's always the World's Largest Dungeon, if you have the budget to land a copy.

Ozreth
2011-06-19, 12:49 AM
Paizo's Adventure Paths are 1-15 and are generally very well recieved, especially Rise of the Runelords.

Does it have to be 1-20?

LaughingRogue
2011-06-19, 12:51 AM
There's always the World's Largest Dungeon, if you have the budget to land a copy.

You know it's one of those games which I have heard of and for quite a while, I have wanted to look into...I really don't know much about the game --- but I have a trepidation though , the name "The World's Largest Dungeon" seems like it might neglect role-playing encounters for the most part ... Does it? or is it just a misconception I have?

LaughingRogue
2011-06-19, 12:53 AM
Paizo's Adventure Paths are 1-15 and are generally very well recieved, especially Rise of the Runelords.

Does it have to be 1-20?

No as long as it takes us a while to Finish it is fine --- We generally play Once a week and for about the entire day (12pm - 12am), So smaller adventures are usually viewed as a bit of a waste since we won't get much play time out of them.

Chess435
2011-06-19, 10:35 AM
You know it's one of those games which I have heard of and for quite a while, I have wanted to look into...I really don't know much about the game --- but I have a trepidation though , the name "The World's Largest Dungeon" seems like it might neglect role-playing encounters for the most part ... Does it? or is it just a misconception I have?

Not really. Depending on the DM and party, you could end up with just as many or more RP encounters as combat. Not everything down there is just a mindlless killing machine.

Mordokai
2011-06-19, 10:49 AM

You can get a fair share of roleplaying out of WLD as well. Depending on how much work does your DM feels like putting in it. It's certainly easier to just hack and slash your way through it, but hardly the only one.

Ozreth
2011-06-19, 12:22 PM
Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk might take you close to a year. Great mega adventure.