PDA

View Full Version : Makeing undead in pathfinder...

Rentaromon
2011-06-19, 06:53 AM
the info they give is realy limited and i could use the information of people more experienced than i. so my questions:

At lvl 8 how would i get my hands on some bloody skeleton? would it be possible with just animate dead?

what abilitys would a animated skeleton have? like if i raised a creature that had spell like abilitys or a breath attack?

sorry for my ****ty english.

Yora
2011-06-19, 07:12 AM
Animate dead seems to work in Pathfinder just the way it does in 3rd Ed.
The spell creates normal skeletons with no special abilites, as described in the skeleton monster description.

Rentaromon
2011-06-19, 07:23 AM
ok so how would i go about getting alternate skeletons? is it even possible?

jossyb
2011-06-19, 09:00 AM
Pathfinder SRD hints that you can in a round-about way. It states specifically you cannot create variant skeletons or zombies with the Animate Dead, Lesser which would make me assume you can create variants with the spell Animate Dead.

Animate Dead, Lesser is from Ultimate Magic.

Source (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/animate-dead)

Rentaromon
2011-06-19, 09:24 PM
Pathfinder SRD hints that you can in a round-about way. It states specifically you cannot create variant skeletons or zombies with the Animate Dead, Lesser which would make me assume you can create variants with the spell Animate Dead.

that is good to know. but how do i go about making them? i cant just say its a bloody skeleton, that would be a bit cheap. is there any place that tells what i would need to do? like lower their HD or something?

Curious
2011-06-19, 10:30 PM
that is good to know. but how do i go about making them? i cant just say its a bloody skeleton, that would be a bit cheap. is there any place that tells what i would need to do? like lower their HD or something?

In the monster manual it states that you can create variant skeletons by doubling their effective HD cost when you are creating them. Note that they don't count as double HD after they have been created, only while you are casting the spell.