PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Alchemist

piemaester
2011-06-19, 05:18 PM
Hi there! I am trying to build an inventor type alchemist in Pathfinder and am wondering if there is any way an alchemist could get craft construct? Is there any way a non-caster could get the feat? If not, what's the best way to get the caster levels I need while focusing on alchemist?

Alternatively, is there another build that is suggested to be an inventor/scientist type?

VarianArdell
2011-06-19, 05:27 PM
is 3.5 material allowed? if so, the Artificer from the Eberron Campaign Setting seems right up your alley.

MightyPirate
2011-06-19, 05:54 PM
There's also the 3rd party pathfinder artificer. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer) I don't know enough about the class to recommend it but there it is for your perusal.

Alchemist has a discovery that "summons" oozes called bottled ooze and the Preservationist from Ultimate Magic gives you access to the Summon Nature's ally line. They're really more about the organic science rather than mechanical things.

You may also consider a summoner with a mad science theme, they're pretty open as far as flavor goes. Gnomes are a good choice and the Master Tinker is pretty good, especially combined with the Sythesist alternate class set. The main problem with this route is a lack of skills.

Personally I'd just go plain Wizard with a rat or monkey familiar, the perfect test subject. Your spell book is full of incomprehensible equations, and you can take the arcane discovery "Arcane Builder" and maybe "Golem Constructor" if you only want one type of Golem. Personally I think you'd better vanilla Craft Construct to allow for more versatility. Craft Wondrous Item and Craft Magic Arms and Armor are decent too. Consider probably Conjuration or Transmutation for a focus.