PDA

View Full Version : Sirenia (Technically Crappy Awesome Metal Band)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-06-19, 06:23 PM
I have recently become utterly addicted to Sirenia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirenia_(band)), a gothic/black metal band which I'm sure is technically crappy. I'm not sure how obscure they are yet, but I wanted to start a thread about them to see if anyone else knew them.

SurlySeraph
2011-06-19, 10:53 PM
I like Path to Decay, but haven't found any other songs by them very interesting.

Psyren
2011-06-20, 08:47 AM
We had a whole gothic/symphonic metal thread a few months back I believe :smallsmile: In addition to Sirenia, we covered Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Delain, Leaves' Eyes, Dark Moor, Epica, Apocalyptica, Edenbridge, Kamelot... and yeah, Evanescence too. I'm sure there were others.

Closet_Skeleton
2011-06-20, 06:22 PM
I've only listened to Path of Decay but I found it pretty much "catchy but blah after a few times". But I don't like Nightwish either but for some reason like Emily Autumn who ends up on the bad side of the "pretentiousness" line a lot too.

I also like Apocalyptica because they have 1 gimick that over-rides all other possible gimickiness and somehow makes them comparatively gimick free despite being pretty much pure gimick.

Sorry, I think I was trying to say something for a second there. Not sure what anymore.

Wargor
2011-06-20, 07:32 PM
I love myself some Sirenia. And Tristania. And just about any band of that genre really...