PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find a name of a food related buisness.

AgentofOdd
2011-06-19, 10:05 PM
They were shown on Food Network several years ago. I believe the business plan was, the store laid out ingredients to make a few dishes. Members of the store could go into the... food prep area, assemble all the ingredients they needed to make a meal they wanted (which were pre-cut & stuff) then go home and cook it. This allowed folks to control what went into the meal, and they liked the idea of actually making the food themselves. Anyone recall/know of a place like this? My google-fu is simply too weak. :smallfrown:

Linkavitch
2011-06-19, 10:13 PM
Well, I know a place called BD's Or BW's Mongolian Barbeque let you go get a bunch of uncooked food at a buffet, and then they would grill it on a giant slab of stone for you with whatever spices and sauces you want.

But, I don't think you were looking for a restaurant. Maybe a . . . grocery store?

Jack Squat
2011-06-20, 08:48 AM
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but Your Gourmet Chef (http://www.yourgourmetchefnh.com/) seems to have that basic business plan - though they only deliver.

AgentofOdd
2011-06-20, 11:42 PM
@Linkavitch
Yea, it was like a... supermarket/communal kitchen hybrid. Only you didn't actually cook the food there. Also, that restaurant sounds totally awesome. :smallsmile:

@Jack Squat
Not the restaurant I was thinking of, but I think it sounds similar enough for my purposes (mostly another internet discussion). Thanks for the suggestion! :smallbiggrin:

Still, if anyone else knows the answer, I wouldn't mind learning it. It's annoying to forget these things. :smallredface: